Re: [clubpuck] new pools

  • Chris McDowell
    Message 1 of 14 , May 6, 2011
      Uh...nice try.

      Besides the fact that I don't know a soul up at Ohlone; I'm really more of a "location scout" than a "point man".  I'm happy to provide support where I can, but I'm afraid I must provide a lame "No Can Do" as a lead.  Think of me more as a "suggestion guy" - unwilling to shoulder the heavy lifting, offering suggestions, and sniveling complaints behind the scenes...and usually far away from any actual work.

      I can pass the buck as well as anyone, so mebbe that enthusiastic Smith lass would like to take this one on?  Or perhaps someone else in closer proximity to Fremont has time?  Isn't the task of Community Colleges to serve the residents of the communities where they're located?  If that's the case (Don't hold your breath on this one), locals might have the best shot at getting some pool time at Ohlone.

      Regrettably Absent,

      --CMcD

      Message 2 of 14 , May 6, 2011
        On reflection, it might have read as if I weren't expecting much of the Fremont UWH locals...when I actually meant to draw attention to the unpredictability of the Ohlone College Administrators as regards pool access based to the local community.

        In fact, I happen to think great things of the UWH contributions of those closest to Ohlone - notably K.B., Yori, and Dr. K (others, too) - for their long-standing efforts to Club Puck and all of the service they provide.  I could continue my praises, moving through the Zip Codes, for everything that everyone does...but that would take hundreds of words and be, quite frankly, far too predictable of me.

        Instead, I'll leave you with some Friday Humor...

        Cheerio!

        --CMcD

        p.s.  Did I already send this one?  No matter, it still kills me...(safe for work, unless you work in Buckingham Palace).

        Message 3 of 14 , May 6, 2011
          Puckers,

          I'll volunteer to hit up any school, club, rich guy with a backyard pool, or community lagoon you'd like.  I'm not afraid of lifting and i've been known to be able to sell ice cubes to eskimos.  I'm not entirely sure about what to say to joe schmo pool keeper so...How about those interested in finding Club Puck a new home and have solid suggestions, leads, info or plans of attack get together and figure out a strategy for getting this done.  I suggest those interested in pulling this together meet Sunday May 15th after hockey at a currently undisclosed location and put it together.

          All those in favor....

          Aaron

            Message 5 of 14 , May 6, 2011
              All those in favor...Say, "Yeah!"

              Nice, Aaron...

              And if it comes down to desperation, you can count on me too.  But you'll really have to be desperate...

              --Chris

                Message 7 of 14 , May 7, 2011
                  Ah.  Thanks for the clarification!  I am available to help with almost anything you might need, just can't commit to being the lead on Ohlone.  Please do ask for support as needed, and I'll try to be there.

                  --CMcD