Sunday Wrap

  • rgray35711@aim.com
    Message 1 of 93 , Mar 14, 2011
      Not that cold..... not raining.......good vis........ and we still got 22 people at practice!!!  What is going on here??!!

      We played a single game, swapped at half time.

      Here's the results:

      1st game -

               "Ummmm, I thought you guys were up by a couple of points..."
               "Nah, I thought you guys took us by two in the last 5 minutes.........."

      A victory in math skills for BOTH teams.

      2nd game -

               "We were down at first, then came back....."
               "Yeah, nice recovery."
               "What was the final score?"
               "About even I guess.........."

      And somewhere in the world a mathematics educator is rolling in her grave.

      BIG NEWS - We won't have Matt and Sara to push around anymore!  They are going to Australia for an undisclosed amount of time.  We wish them the best and I know that you, like me, will use this time to practice pronouncing and spelling Sara's last name.

      If you missed it........... you missed out.

      And THAT is how Goze goes,

      Goze

    • Bob Burres
      Message 93 of 93 , Aug 7

        Sunday was a beautiful day.  Cool, clear water, and lots of sun.  A perfect day for hockey.  But guess what?  Ben bailed out on us.  Evidently he was worried about strength of the team that Wendy and Miles had planned for him.  However.....Miles didn't show up early.  What a bunch of wusses.

        That left Wendy to her own devices to stack the teams herself.  But she stacked her team just a little too much.  Alright, way too much.  You can't leave her alone unsupervised for even a minute.  She got double crossed and was the first one traded to balance out the teams.

        My emails did get a couple of irregular players to the pool though.  Andy showed up with his son Charlie.  I can attest that Charlie is much nicer than his dad.  Charlie wasn't smacking people, barging, or trash talking at all.  With a little more pool time I think Charlie will surpass the old man as a hockey player.  It shouldn't take long.

        And Zac showed up with his new bionic cornea.  Remember how Zac always had that look in his eye where you weren't sure if he was about to hug you or break one of your ribs?  Well, he still has that look, but he can see the puck now.  And I'm pretty sure that he can tell which color the sticks are.  Welcome back Zac.

        Guess who else showed up?  Mike Hurtado.  But this guy shows up after practice.  WTF?  No after practice partying unless you put in some pool time.  Uncle T knows that.  Get in for the last 5 minutes and then go party.

        That was Sunday, now on to Tuesday.  We'll see you in MP.