Sunday Wrap

  • rgray35711@aim.com
    Message 1 of 87 , Mar 14, 2011
      Not that cold..... not raining.......good vis........ and we still got 22 people at practice!!!  What is going on here??!!

      We played a single game, swapped at half time.

      Here's the results:

      1st game -

               "Ummmm, I thought you guys were up by a couple of points..."
               "Nah, I thought you guys took us by two in the last 5 minutes.........."

      A victory in math skills for BOTH teams.

      2nd game -

               "We were down at first, then came back....."
               "Yeah, nice recovery."
               "What was the final score?"
               "About even I guess.........."

      And somewhere in the world a mathematics educator is rolling in her grave.

      BIG NEWS - We won't have Matt and Sara to push around anymore!  They are going to Australia for an undisclosed amount of time.  We wish them the best and I know that you, like me, will use this time to practice pronouncing and spelling Sara's last name.

      If you missed it........... you missed out.

      And THAT is how Goze goes,

      Goze

    • Rich Gray
      Message 87 of 87 , Jun 8
        My list shows that we had 28 players this Sunday.  Pretty good competition, we split red,yellow, orange, green.  A bunch of big guns showed up so the Red/Yellow game was pretty gnarly.

        We did not get started until fairly late............ people kept on dribbling in so the teams were constantly updated.  Thanks to Wendy and Bob for administering this typically UWH cluster-Fxxk.  If you have any criticisms please JUST DO THE JOB YOURSELF (kinda obvious).

        The other downside was that a bunch of families brought their kids and the lifeguard said the kids could not be in the pool.  We can't really blame the lifeguards for this.  There was only one guard scheduled, we also used two playing areas, which may not be Kosher in and of itself.  But besides that it's really about the liability issue.  Our insurance policy only covers UWH players, so families aren't covered.  We are lucky to have the very reasonably priced liability insurance that we have got right now, thanks to Carol Rose and her minions.

        Maddy asked me if we could hire extra guards for the kids.  I don't think that would be a problem.  The problem is the insurance/liability issue.   We can investigate this issue some more, but we have to look at it in the light of the new Menlo Park pool coming on line this summer.  For instance, we don't want to make a Herculean insurance effort for a pool at which we may not end up playing Sunday hockey.

        I will be at hockey this Wednesday, then out of town for a couple of weeks.  So pay up if you can so that I can make a deposit before I go.  Most everybody is paid up, or only owes a little.  The diamond club members are:

        David Q  135
        Rhett     (An embarrassingly large number)
        Yori       110
        Ben       140

        That's how Goze goes,