Sunday Wrap Up

  • rgray35711@aim.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 1, 2011
      New Flash!!!!

      Hordes of out of town hockey player converged on the SJSC aquatic center Sunday afternoon to form one of the biggest Club Puck scrimmages EVER!  "Thank Goodness we have two playing areas," said Miles Ho, one of the two Club Puck players that actually showed up on Sunday, "Maybe we should start thinking about a 3rd playing area too!"

      When asked about the low turn-out of traditional Club Puck Players, long term Club Puck member Yori Huynh summed it up as, "Well, it was sunny and warmer than usual, the water was clear, and the bottom was fast........... most CP players wait until it is freezing cold, raining and generally shitty before they will come to the pool."

      The influx of out-of towners from as far away as Milpitas had everyone scratching their heads.  But it did not dampen the team's enthusiasm.  As long time "Hockey wag" Doug Roth put it, "We played Chuck Norris hockey - that's 2 hours of hockey, in only 1.5 hours."  So you can imagine how CWAZY the actual game was.

      -- Reprint Courtesy of "How Goze Goes" --

    • Rich Gray
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 19, 2011
        That gag about the dachsund must have worked.  There were 14 people at hockey on Sunday.  Everybody likes a "doggie have big pee pee" line.

        We had a new lady player named Lyn who came and tried it out too.  But that's not the most interesting part...................

        We played in the 7 foot pool..... and boy did it throw us through a loop!  The people who recently played at Highland were choking on their snorkels as they tried to breathe when they were still submerged 2 feet under the surface.  The folks who played recently at Gunderson in the 13 foot tank were breaching when they came up for air and Ben was in danger of leaping onto the deck when he pushed off from the bottom.  In any event, it was a bunch of fun.

        Mike Hurtado has been making a bunch of Sundays and is looking strong on the bottom.  Kuldeep was there again too and he still has that strong sideways flick that I swear I will never fall for again...........  until the next time I fall for it.  Yori lectured the hell out of us but nobody complained this time since he was the guy who brought the newbie, Lyn.  After some false starts everybody got on the same page and made sure that Lyn had some serious puck time.

        According to the lifeguard the school considers the bottom of the 7 foot pool a lost cause so they aren't worried about what we will do to it.  So if we did not mind the grit on the bottom then we were free to play there............. which we did.  We will research this claim a little bit to make sure there is someone in the school administration, besides the lifeguard, who is of like mind.

        The pool temperature was reasonable too, not too hot.

        It's not a fast bottom but it's not too bad either.  We played with the soft puck that no one really likes but playing with it is still felt to be the most prudent choice.

        I am not entirely sure what next Sunday will bring but stay tuned so you don't miss out on any great hockey action.

        And that's HOW Goze goes,

        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 19, 2011
          And when you find the school administrator offer up a nice pvc solution...

          On Mon, Sep 19, 2011 at 4:53 PM, Rich Gray <rgray35711@...> wrote:

[...]

          If you really want it, you will do what it takes to get it.
        • Gregory Appling
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 19, 2011
            If they don't care, then it sounds like a good candidate for PVC.... I think we've got some laying around.

            gregory

            Gregory Appling
            cell: 415-637-0784

            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 8, 2014

              That was a 20 person blast (21 with Uncle T) this last Sunday.  Did you like it?  Do you want more like it?

              There has been a suggestion to permanently move Sunday hockey to 10am at LGHS.  What do you say?  Make your preference known by participating in the Doodle link below.

              For those of you who don't know, hockey is now $5.00 per car for ALL LGHS UWH.   Any previous old balance is still at the old rate, but almost everybody has paid off their old balances now and is getting the new $5.00 rate.

              If you do carpool with another player you have to tell me, I will not track you down and question you as to your travel arrangements.  As strange as it may seem I have a life outside of hockey accounting, albeit a strange and ultimately tragic yet poetical life.... but enough of that.  I may be super hockey accountant, but last time I checked I am not your Mom, so if you want credit for the carpool you have to come see me and use your "words" to communicate with me.  Otherwise, you get stuck for the whole $5.00!!!!!!  (OOOoooo..... that'll toast your nigglets, I am telling you!)

              That's how Goze goes,

              Goze

              Da Doodle Link: