Non Hockey - Need a place to stay in SF?

  • atkippes
    Message 1 of 10 , Aug 25, 2010
      My friend Lucy's mother passed away and she inherited her mother's 2/1 house on Raymond Avenue in Visitation Valley. The house has a garage and backyard, and Internet access. It's also close to McLaren Park and Hockey. The kitchen needs to be redone and that is going to happen at some point in the future.

      You must like cats and dogs. Whoever stays there has to leave food out for the feral cats that live across in the wooded area across the street.

      She is really flexible on the price and really needs someone to stay there so the house isn't left vacant.

      If you are intersted, call Althea at 415-305-9934 or email me at atkippes@...
      Message 2 of 10 , Aug 25, 2010
        You really don't have to like cats to feed them. And where do the dogs come in to this picture? And while we're on the subject of feral cats rather than hockey, shouldn't they get caught and fixed? It would make the most sense to limit their numbers, for a variety of reasons.

        And sorry to hear about your friend's mom.

        --
        If you really want it, you will do what it takes to get it.
      • Carol Rose
        Message 3 of 10 , Aug 25, 2010
          Homeless Cat Network loans traps, neuters and returns cats to original local, supplies food,etc. We've trapped and fixed about 5 so far this year. They supply trap, you set, call them when cat trapped; they pick up, neuter and return cat. Minimal hassel. Kittens they will try to socialize and find homes; domestic cats needing homes too.

          Carol Rose
          President USOA

          650 583 8492 land line - preferred contact

            Message 5 of 10 , Aug 26, 2010
              It is. As soon as you become homeless there will be a "Find Sean a home party". Sometime during the night you will pass out. We've got a good doctor on retainer so you will surprisingly wake up in your own bed.

              I understand it won't affect your game at all.

              Gregory
              Author of the "Homeless Underwater Hockey Player Act"

              Gregory Appling
              cell: 415-637-0784

                  Message 8 of 10 , Aug 26, 2010
                    OK, just so everyone knows...

                    The feral cats at Lucy's mom's house are in the SF SPCA feral fix program.  They have done a wonderful job trapping and fixing them so we won't have any more cute kitties.  There are a couple that are trap savvy, but we will get them eventually....

                    As for the dogs, when Lucy visits, she stays in the in-law unit downstairs and has her dogs with her.

                    Althea

                    Message 9 of 10 , Aug 26, 2010
                      And now everyone knows the reason I'm out of office:)

                      Gregory Appling
                      cell: 415-637-0784