SF Fall League Results Week 1

  • Sean Avent
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2010
      Thanks to everyone who participated last night at the league.  I'm fairly sure everyone had fun and is looking forward to working with their their team a bit more.  To remind everyone who is on your team, I'll post them at the end of the email.

      - This week, please confer with your team to come up with something better than Team A or Team B.
      - Next league night is Monday, 8/30/2010. Play for the first game starts at 7:30 pm sharp. The pool opens at 7pm, and everyone it is suggested that you show up in time to get ready and in the pool. All teams must be present as order of games will be determined by the flip of a coin that night at 7:20pm so that no one will know who is playing first.
      - 10 minute halves, 2 minute halftime. One timeout per team per half.  Clock stops when timeout is called.
      - We'll continue to have 4 players in the water and use subs. We don't have the luxury of putting 5 in the water due to the high probability of having less than five on a team in any week.
      - We need 2 refs from each team that is not playing (one deck ref and three water refs). We have ref vests and hats and gloves. Deck ref has a whistle to start/stop play. Water refs can also stop play by using a noisemaker.

      Schedule (black vs white) - and remember that order of games will be determined by the flip of a coin that night:
      8/23: A vs D; B vs C
      8/30: A vs B; C vs D
      9/6: Holiday - No Hockey
      9/13: C vs A; B vs D
      9/20: Semifinals: Seed 1 vs Seed 4; Seed 2 vs Seed 3
      9/27: Finals: Winner vs Winner (1st/2nd Place); Loser Vs Loser (3rd/4th Place)
      We'll try to have a small get together somewhere to be determined after hockey on the 27th and hand out the prizes.

      Prizes:
      The prize committee has some special prizes lined up for different categories such as the best swim suits, the best team cheer, etc. So talk with your team to make this fun!!!!

      Results thus far:
      Team A (4) vs Team D (0)
      Team B (5) vs Team C (4)
      Team D had a scheduled absence and an additional no-show.

      Team Rosters
      Dates in parentheses indicate known absences. If you don't know your team member's email address or phone #, you can look on the Club Puck phone list or ask me.

      Team A
      Matt
      Roxanne
      Bob