RE: Surf Day on 5/22/2010

  • Ho, Miles
    Message 1 of 9 , May 24, 2010

      What a great time at Surf Day!  We had the sun and the surf, as well as a little wind.  I can’t speak for everyone, but I had a blast.

      Congratulations to the first time surfers who were able to ride a wave for the very first time (Lisa, Antonio, Andrew, etc).  There were great rides had by many.  A special congratulations goes out to Rhett for entering himself in the surf competition held at The Point.  Why use a surf board when a boogie board and Alas will do, right Rhett?  (Note:  This is NOT to be confused w/ Danny’s entry into the Christian Youth Surf Competition that was held at The Hook a few years back.  Way to go, Danny!)  One in our crowd did take a pretty good bump on the head that needed some medical attention, but got the all-clear and even showed up at the After Party.

      The Banks offered their van to (once again) transport all the longboards back to the surf shop, so thank you Kendall and Sue.  And to all that helped clean up and clear the beach of stuff, thanks.

      Thank you Andy & Nancy for hosting another great After Party.  Thank you for opening up your beautiful home to us, and serving a terrific feast.  That pizza oven rocks!  Although I was concerned it would be splashed few times w/ all the people falling into the hot tub.

      A few pics were provided by Kaz (thank you).  I’ll try again to pull the few pics off my camera, but something wasn’t working correctly.  http://picasaweb.google.com/kaz.kushida/Surfday05_2010#

      For those that are in on cost-sharing the rental boards, please contact  me directly.  Thx.

      Hope you guys had as much fun as I did.  See you at the next Surf Day!

      Aloha,

      Miles

      Message 2 of 9 , May 25, 2010
        Hey the stitches come out on Monday...thanks for organizing this Miles. Hopefully the next surf day you have will have just as nice weather, but be concussion free :)

        Tiff

        A few pics were provided by Kaz (thank you). I'll try again to pull the few pics off my camera, but something wasn't working correctly. http://picasaweb.google.com/kaz.kushida/Surfday05_2010# <http://picasaweb.google.com/kaz.kushida/Surfday05_2010>