best paint for sticks?

  • Ben Phipps
    Message 1 of 8 , May 3, 2010
      Anyone have any suggestions for the best spraypaint for painting sticks? I just got my first pair of wooden ones and I'm eager to try them out tommorow!

      Ben

    • rgray35711@aim.com
      Message 2 of 8 , May 3, 2010
        Ben,

            I don't spray anymore.  I have two small cans of black and white oil base paint that will probably still not be used up by the time I die.  I buy those small throw away brushes at OSH and paint the white sticks first because I don't want to clean the brush in between colors.  (Black wins in a paint war against white.)  So what if the first black stick I paint has some shades of grey in it.

             Spraying might provide a better finish on the stick but I don't know if anyone would swear to it.  It sure is a lot more wasteful and and gets overspray all over the place.

        Message 3 of 8 , May 3, 2010
          It's been a few years since I had to get a first coat of paint on sticks, but I remember that if you put to much paint on or too many coats, it ends up peeling off too quickly.  So, the lesson is more is not necessarily better.  I'm sure there's lots of experts out there with much more exact directions.
          Good luck,
          Brigit

          Message 4 of 8 , May 3, 2010
            uh huh ask Joey about spray paint in France in '94!!!

            Carol Rose
            President USOA

            650 583 8492 land line - preferred contact

            Message 5 of 8 , May 3, 2010

              Goze,

              Does this mean you've been neutered?

              --T
              Ben,

                  I don't spray anymore.
            • rgray35711@aim.com
              Message 6 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                No, it means I don't do the neutering anymore.

                It should read,

                "I don't spay anymore"

                An easy mistake.

                  I brush on black and white primer rustoleum. lasts much longer, but takes a little more work up front

                  Josh

                  On May 4, 2010, at 5:31 AM, Ben Phipps <swimmerscantrun@...> wrote:

                  Anyone have any suggestions for the best spraypaint for painting sticks? I just got my first pair of wooden ones and I'm eager to try them out tommorow!

                  Ben

                • Elisa Rossi
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 3, 2010
                    I don't know which spraypaint you should use for your sticks, but come to my bday party on Saturday y'all!!!

                    I invited everyone on Facebook, but if you're too cool for Facebook, then here is an event recap:

                    Start Time:
                    Saturday, 08 May 2010 at 20:00
                    End Time:
                    Sunday, 09 May 2010 at 00:00
                    Location:
                    Steve's Secret Loft - Mission and Van Ness - 1543 Mission Street 3d Floor (above Urban Flow Yoga studio) - San Francisco

                    Hope to see you there and at the pool, I should be back soon :)

                    elisa