USA only need read

  • Carol Rose
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 30, 2010
      I recently sent out tax receipts to any/all uw hockey types who made a significant donation to USOA hockey - significant being over $40. I am not obligated to send out for less than, I think, $200, but what the hell. Everyone's USOA dues are deductible including  CenCal dues - CenCal is also charitable organization. I did not send out receipts for dues alone, but if you get challenged, let me know - receipts are available.

      If I missed anyone, let me know. Remember, USOA can only verify/send receipt for moneys contributed through USOA. If, for example, you gave 'try out' money to team coach for expenses, the deduction is lost. Not my rules - speak to IRS! .... or maybe not?

      Our tax number is on the receipt, and we are listed in 'charitable irs book.' If you want/need more info, let me know. I've written up an outline of general tax deduction info. Your tax person may be perplexed, but USOA same as Boy Scouts, Red Cross, Cancer Society as if you were an officer in those organizations and had un reimbursed expenses as a representative of the organization. Questions? give me a shout.

      Terry - would you put this message on USA hockey website please.

      Carol Rose
      President USOA
      Secretary The WAA

      650 583 8492 land line - preferred contact