Re: [clubpuck] Aquanfest on June 13th and 14th

  • Tom Brown
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 30, 2009
      On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 7:53 PM, <CROSEUSOA@...> wrote:

      sounds a great idea!! I can probably help sometime as it is not very far from where I live. I'm in thailand right. Should make up a quick flyer with where and when hockey is played in greated bay area - ie SF both, SJ, SR - include calendar of any events local (ie if SF potluck were still coming up). Mention rookie times at any pools - ie SJ Sundays. Does anyone have a small TV with dvd player? are you saying no electricity? hmmm - I have plenty 2 page flyers on how uw hockey played and specs for equipment. We have some left over bottle openers from nationals last year. I'll try to get some CenCal tide tables as give aways too. YOu'll need tables x2 and couple of chairs. Park is very nice - right on bay towards end of foster City - near SM bridge beginning. YOu mite get some help from CenCal skin divers if you let them know: do you want me to do that? I don't have internet in my room here -no signal but I get on 2x day in lobby machines -cost is about $2 for 30 minutes.

      We will get a table from the event. A handout of places to play and contacts for hockey in the Bay Area is a great idea, I'll come up with something. Freebie bottle openers sound like a good idea too, please bring them or get them to me.
      Re: skin divers
      Sure, the divers can help at the table, but I'm going to focus on getting people to play hockey. What people do with their newfound underwater skills is up to them ;-) The divers may be interested in AquanFest in general or want to represent themselves. The organizers replied to me at info@....
    • Tom Brown
      Message 2 of 10 , May 24, 2009
        Puckers,

        The schedule for Aquanfest has been put up at http://www.aquanfest.com/schedule.htm

        It'd be very nice to get at least a little support from you such as
         - Volunteers to spend time on Saturday or Sunday 9:30am-4pm talking to visitors. bring your gear as props.
         - TV+DVD with something to power it (long extension cord to alternator in a car? battery powered TV?)
         - Design of flyer listing places to play in Bay Area

      • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , May 24, 2009
          I have obligation on 13th all day, but can do 1/2 day Sunday
          Carol

          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 11 11:37 AM
            Hey Tom

            I can help out. If you need someone Sat afternoon of Sun Morning I can do it.

            Duck

            --
            Losing sucks, the alternative requires practice.
          • Tom Brown
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 11 11:42 PM
            Thanks for volunteering Carol, Wendy, and Doug, we could do with some help! Please bring your hockey gear for show and tell.

            The event runs 10-4 Sat and Sun and there should be quite a few things to do other than hang around our table... http://www.aquanfest.com

            Joey and I will be setting up on Saturday morning 9:30-10am. Joey will bring a tent, Sean printed a big banner, I'm going to print a few hundred flyers (attached and at http://groups.google.com/group/sfuwh/files?&sort=date) and a sheet to collect names, email and numbers. I'll have my laptop with extra batteries to show pictures and the nice video fiona made for the Asian Underwater Hockey Championships (http://www.vimeo.com/2315027). We might be able to get a generator and a CRT for a better image. Anybody have suggestions for other video? My laptop doesn't have a DVD player so it'd need to be online.

            I probably won't be able to get there Sunday morning. Doug, I'll let you know where I put things for you to find on Sunday by 10am.
            Wendy, how about noon-2pm on Sunday?
            Carol could you be there on Sunday afternoon at 2pm? I should be there Sunday afternoon to help take things down then getting a ride with Matt to hockey.

          • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
            Message 6 of 10 , Jun 12 8:24 AM
              yes I can do Sunday 2 pm
              Carol

              Message 7 of 10 , Jun 12 10:58 AM
              Thanks for covering Sunday Club Puck. If anybody wants to spontaneously show up, check out the show and help then please drop by anytime. We might be short people Saturday afternoon.

              I made some small changes to the flyer and will update the Inkscape source at http://groups.google.com/group/sfuwh/files?&sort=date later so it can be changed and reused.

              From http://www.aquanfest.com/
              Festival entry is free to all ages.

              Super Pass $10/person and $25/Family
              includes: clinics, demo, film festival, and more!
              Kayak Race and Fishing Skills Derby $25/person and
              includes Super Pass