Snorkels & Fin-keepers

  • Ho, Miles
    Message 1 of 21 , Sep 26, 2008

      Hey guys,

      Anyone interested in snorkels and/or fin-keepers?  Darin is will to ship up some snorkels from Hawaii that a lot of people seem to like (black AQA snorkels with and without purge valve).

      The fin keepers are the heavy-duty type, which last quite a while.  FYI, the Large seems to fit my foot just fine.

      Because of Darin’s current flying status, he’ll now have to add in shipping cost (no longer free, but still discounted).  He’s not sure how much this will be, but the cost savings alone should keep these snorkels at a reasonable price.

      So if you’re interested, please me know by next week Tuesday (9/30/08).  Any orders after this date will NOT be included. Prices below do NOT include shipping cost, we’ll figure that out later.

      1)       Number of snorkels WITH purge (~$18 each)

      2)       Number of snorkels WITHOUT purge valve (~$16 each)

      3)       Pairs of fin-keepers (XL, L, M) (~$8 each)

      Aloha,

      Miles

    • Stripe Demarest
      Message 2 of 21 , Sep 26, 2008
        *shaking my head* Oh, this one's too easy.

        Umm, can I take a look at your snorkel, Miles?

        -S
        (assuming you have one of these models, and furthermore, dismissing the folkloric association with foot size - not that I've really looked at your feet, but I'm sure they're quite large enough to power your fins)

        Message 3 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008
          Stripe, can I come along on your viewing?...

          Message 4 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008
            Yanno, I think maybe it's time for Miles to expand his events calendar beyond the now-classic popular Surf Days.

            1st Annual Snorkel Showing?

            It's got great potential: think of the invites that could be designed. Whaddya think, Miles?

            Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 8:20 PM

          • rgray35711@aim.com
            Message 5 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008
              Brigit,

                  If you like the snorkels will you please order 5-10 (use your judgement)  for the beginner program.  I'll take care of the cost.

              Stripe, can I come along on your viewing?...

              Message 6 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008

                Sure!

                Message 7 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008
                  Danke Dahhhhllllllinnnnnk!

                  Sent: Friday, September 26, 2008 8:20 PM

                  *shaking my head* Oh, this one's too easy.

                  Umm, can=2 0I take a look at your snorkel, Miles?

                  -S
                  (assuming you have one of these models, and furthermore, dismissing the folkloric association with foot size - not that I've really looked at your feet, but I'm sure they're quite large enough to power your fins)

                  On Sep 26, 2008, at 6:45 PM, Ho, Miles wrote:

                  Hey guys,
                  Anyone interested in snorkels and/or fin-keepers?  Darin is will to ship up some snorkels from Hawaii that a lot of people seem to like (black AQA snorkels with and without purge valve).
                  The fin keepers are the heavy-duty type, which last quite a while.  FYI, the Large seems to fit my foot just fine.
                  Because of Darin’s current flying status, he’ll now have to add in shipping cost (no longer free, but still discounted).  He’s not sure how much this will be, but the cost 20 savings alone should keep these snorkels at a reasonable price.
                  So if you’re interested, please me know by next week Tuesday (9/30/08).  Any orders after this date will NOT be included. Prices below do NOT include shipping cost, we’ll figure th at out later.
                  1)       Number of snorkels WITH purge (~$18 each)
                  2)       Number of snorkels WITHOUT purge valve (~$16 each)
                  3)       Pairs of fin-keepers (XL, L, M) (~$8 each)
                  Aloha,
                  Miles

                • Uncle Terry
                  Message 8 of 21 , Sep 27, 2008

                    Folks,

                    Now here's someone lighting a candle.  While some whine about what teams women are allowed to play with at PCCs, The Gozer here is taking matters into his own hands to recruit more women players.  He figures, if Miles snorkel is good enough for Brigit & Stripe, then we'll want several for the beginner program.

                    Well done, Sir.

                    --T

                    Message 9 of 21 , Sep 28, 2008
                      Hi Miles,
                      Can you send the pictures about the snorkels to me, please?
                      Ricky

                      Message 10 of 21 , Sep 29, 2008
                        The King pool is having some chemical problems. The SF Aquatics department has decided to close it.

                        So no hockey practice in SF tonight!

                        Matt

                        To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                        From: ricky_swim@...
                        Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2008 21:43:39 -0700

                        Message 11 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008

                          Last call!

                          While there may not be any snorkel viewing or picture sharing, the deadline is here.  Let me know, and I’ll get the consolidated order to Darin.

                          Aloha,

                          Miles

                          Message 12 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
                            miles - can i place an order for two pair of fin keeps from chicago?

                            if possible, thanks
                            -13-

                            To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com

                              Message 14 of 21 , Sep 30, 2008
                                Please, add one more snorkel for $18 for me.
                                Ricky

                                Message 15 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008

                                  Hey all,

                                  Good news… the snorkels & fins keepers are in!  The only price change was the snorkels WITH purge crept up in price by a buck, to $19.  The snorkels WITHOUT purge and fin-keepers stayed the same price.

                                  I’ll bring the all of it to the pool tonight.  Bring your payments, so you can receive your gear.

                                  *** Thanks goes to Darin for putting this together for us!!! ***

                                  Aloha,

                                  Miles

                                  Message 16 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                    I've seen reference to captains' meeting*, intro to reffing, mystery
                                    meetings...but when/where any of that is happening remains a mystery.**

                                    For that matter, is there regular uwh practice tonight?

                                    **Notable exception: Carol kindly stated time and location for the
                                    level 1 ref course. For which the rank and file and n00bs are
                                    grateful and appreciative.
                                  • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
                                    Message 17 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                      my room is in bldg 6 rm 120 - first floor, on left far,  end of hall - need hotel key to get in bldg, so call me on cell 650 224 8353 or hotel phone 6120 and someone will run down and let you in
                                      carol

                                      Message 18 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                        Carol,

                                        This is the Holiday Inn near the airport, correct? I think it used to be a Hyatt and it's at 101 and First Street?

                                        ________________________________

                                      • kendallctv@aol.com
                                        Message 19 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                          There is a lot that will be going on tonite. Greg is leading the putting in of the scaffolding and platform for the referee tables in between the playing areas. Doug will be arriving at some point after his Costco run laden down with food for the food table. He will need help unloading. Scott may still be finishing up the court repairs. Woody may be finishing up getting the sound systems hooked up. There are canopies that need to be put up. I imagine there will be other people from other teams starting to trickle in as well as our own players. See who needs help and lend a hand if you can. All that being said there is no reason that there can't be some hockey played tonite too. I'm sure the out of towners will want to check out the pool so it should be fun.

                                          As far as tomorrow is concerned try to get there by 8:30 am or before to see what needs to be done. The captains meeting is at 8:30 and I guess the intro to reffing is at that time too (?). Anyway, the game schedule will be announced at the captains meeting but as the hosting club we need to provide refs for both of the first games. The Friday games begin at 9:20AM. Neither of our teams will be in the first game as we will be reffing. Games will run all day until at least 6PM. Every team will play 7 round robin games between Friday and Saturday (either 3 and 4 or 4 and 3). In addition, every team will play 3 play-off games on Sunday. Start times for games on Sat and Sun will be 8AM.

                                          We all need to enjoy the play this weekend but also keep an eye out for making this a good experience for everybody else too. Remember that we are the hosts. There has been a lot of great efforts from many people to get us this far so keep up the good work. We'll all need to pitch in to keep the food table stocked, the cytomax cooler filled, clean up when necessary, etc.

                                          Enjoy the people and the hockey and I hope the sunshine,

                                          kendall

                                          I've seen reference to captains' meeting*, intro to reffing, mystery
                                          meetings...but when/where any of that is happening remains a mystery.**

                                          For that matter, is there regular uwh practice tonight?

                                          **Notable exception: Carol kindly stated time and location for the
                                          level 1 ref course. For which the rank and file and n00bs are
                                          grateful and appreciative.

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                              Individual Email | Traditional

                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                              (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          <*> To change settings via email:
                                              mailto:clubpuck-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                              mailto:clubpuck-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                              http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        • rgray35711@aim.com
                                          Message 20 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                            Gang,

                                                Goze will be collecting from anybody who still needs to pay.  See me if you still have not paid.

                                            http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/clubpuck/ join

                                            Message 21 of 21 , Oct 9, 2008
                                              yes

                                              _________________________________________________________________ Want to do more with Windows Live? Learn “10 hidden secrets” from Jamie. http://windowslive.com/connect/post/jamiethomson.spaces.live.com-Blog-cns!550F681DAD532637!5295.entry?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_domore_092008 ------------------------------------ To unsubscribe email clubpuck-unsubscribe@egroups.comYahoo! Groups Links <*> To visit your group on the web, go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubpuck/ <*> Your email settings: Individual Email | Traditional <*> To change settings online go to: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/clubpuck/join (Yahoo! ID required) <*> To change settings via email: mailto:clubpuck-digest@yahoogroups.com mailto:clubpuck-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com <*> To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to: clubpuck-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com <*> Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to: http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/