Chocolate Fest & Comedy Day

  • Joseph Grandov
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
      Hey Gang,
      Wow! There have been more questions about the Chocolate Fest than the Dive/Camping Trip. Meaning either we've got this dive thing down or people really like CHOCOLATE. The Event: Chocolate Fest 2007 @ Congregational Church of Belmont. When: Oct. 12,13,14-4 Sessions Friday,7:30-10pm; Sat,1:30-4pm & 7:30-10pm; Sunday,1;30-4pm. I like the afternoons because it is cheaper (especially for the kids & old people) and it gives the chocolate time to digest before dark. I prefer Sat afternoon so I can recoup on Sunday. Maybe play some Hockey to work off the Chocolate. It's unlimited tasting from 25-30 vendors. The website is www.uccbelmont.org/events.htm. Tickets can be bought on-line. Let's talk.
      The other subject is Comedy Day in Golden Gate Park. If you like to laugh, this is the event. From Noon till 5pm there will be more comedians than you can count. As this is walking distance from Hockey Heights (my apt on Fell) there will be refreshments before and after the event. If you want breakfast or lodging, you must call in advance for reservations: (415)668-4326 or Cell # 415 601-0606. If you're in the City or close by, this event is Fun, Kid Friendly & FREE. Website is www.ComedyDay.com. I know, 'last minute invitation' but you have been invited.

      Joey-San Events Coordinator

    • Brian Tucker
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 29, 2007
        Sorry to hijack Joey's fun person list. But I just got
        this information on Marine Protected Areas and I
        thought some of us have an interest in protecting a
        safe and accessible area to dive. As I understand it,
        the choice is to support closing Gerstle Cove to Sea
        Ranch or BLACK POINT TO Gualala. The first area is the
        most accessable and safest diving area. Please read
        the following posts by a couple Santa Rosa Hockey
        players from Spearboard.com

        It has been brought to my attention that there is
        debate going on over the N. Coast MLPA map. The
        specific areas being debated for closure are Gerstle
        Cove to Sea Ranch vs Sea Ranch to Gualala. It comes
        down to us to voice our opinion for the areas we want
        to keep open for diving and fishing. Sea Ranch already
        has limited access. Our coastline from Gerstle to Sea
        Ranch provides some of the safest and most utilized
        diving on that part of our coastline. Please e-mail
        the Representatives listed in the link below and let
        them know you want to offer Sea Ranch to Gualala as
        the area to CLOSE for the MLPA and leave Salt Point
        State Park open for fishing and diving. Your input is
        essential and must be done by Saturday. Please help
        save our dive spots. Call me at home if you have
        questions.
        Sincerely,
        Dave Sereni 707-542-6706
        Contact Information

        Fax
        916.653.8102
        Attn: MLPA Initiative
        Mail
        MLPA Initiative
        c/o California Resources Agency
        1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1311
        Sacramento, CA 95814
        MLPA Initiative Staff
        Ken Wiseman
        Executive Director
        Ken.Wiseman@...
        916.653.5674
        Melissa Miller-Henson
        Operations & Communications Manager
        Melissa@...
        916.654.2506
        California Department of Fish and Game Staff
        Susan Ashcraft
        MPA Project Supervisor
        SAshcraft@...
        916.651.7670
        Steve Martarano
        MLPA Public Information Officer
        SMartara@...
        916.654.5866
        John Ugoretz
        MLPA Policy Advisor
        JUgoretz@...
        Here is a little more info on it. e-mail to the
        address below.

        MLPAComments@...

        California Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
        AnnouncementWhat: Initial suggestions for potential
        MPA proposals within the MLPA North Central Coast
        Study Region (Alder Creek/Point Arena in Mendocino
        County to Pigeon Point in San Mateo County)

        When: Initial suggestions for potential MPA proposals
        must be submitted via email or by standard mail to
        arrive no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday, October
        4.

        Where: Initial suggestions for potential MPA proposals
        must be submitted via email to
        MLPAComments@... or by standard mail to:

        Marine Life Protection Act Initiative
        c/o California Resources Agency
        1416 Ninth Street, Suite 1311
        Sacramento, CA 95814

        Details: The North Central Coast Regional Stakeholder
        Group (NCCRSG) is the primary source of alternative
        marine protected area proposals to the MLPA Initiative
        Blue Ribbon Task Force; however, the MLPA Initiative
        is an open, transparent process and it is possible
        others will submit MPA proposals to the task force and
        the NCCRSG for their review and consideration. Initial
        suggestions for potential MPA proposals within the
        MLPA North Central Coast Study Region (Alder
        Creek/Point Arena in Mendocino County to Pigeon Point
        in San Mateo County) are welcome through 12:00 noon on
        Thursday, October 4, 2007.

        Initial suggestions for potential MPA proposals must
        be made using the template for draft MPA proposals
        available on the MLPA website at
        www.dfg.ca.gov/mlpa/pdfs/agenda_082207m.pdf. While
        additional information may also be provided, providing
        the requested information in the template format will
        facilitate staff preparation of maps (geographic
        information system – GIS – shape files are welcome
        with your submission!).

        All initial suggestions for potential MPA proposals,
        MPA proposals, and assessments of proposals will be
        made public. Similar proposals may be jointly assessed
        and any proposal determined to be sufficiently at
        variance with the Marine Life Protection Act may not
        warrant further assessment. Initial suggestions for
        potential MPA proposals must be submitted via email to
        MLPAComments@... or by standard mail (to
        arrive no later than 12:00 noon on Thursday, October
        4) to: