quattros

  • rgray35711@aim.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
      FinFuhrers,

          Is "Mares Quattro Power Full Foot Long Blade Fins" as shown on the leisure Pro website the "Quattros" that everyone has?  They don't have a picture so I am not sure what I am ordering.  The "long blade" has me worried.... the blade was long already....is this longer?

    • Andy Hertz
      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 8, 2007
        The moving finger of Goze, having written:

        > ??? Is "Mares Quattro Power Full Foot Long Blade
        > Fins" as shown on the leisure Pro website the
        > "Quattros" that everyone has??

        AKA: "SKU: MRSFQP"

        Answer: Yes!

        -Andy

        Need a vacation? Get great deals
        to amazing places on Yahoo! Travel.
        http://travel.yahoo.com/
      • Chris McDowell
        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
          Goze,

          Just because Andy "cream-the-newbie" Hertz has quattros, doesn't mean that you need to follow suit.  One review on the site for the quattros says, "...what you sacrifice in maneuverability, you pick up in ability to break away."  But how many chances do you really have to break away in real competition, especially if you're not playing forward?

          With your reach, adding a pair of long-fin quattros will make your curls with the puck look like a tractor trailer pulling an 18 point U-turn...and I say that with the greatest affection, too.  Nahh...go for something that will help you maneuver and still move like a Canadian with hip dysplasia en route to Tim Horton's for soup and a donut, eh?

          Think: Crazy Legs.

          On the same site, there's some mega-sexy, Red Mares Super-Channel Fins for a mere pittance (MRSFASC @ $49.95) and the 'perfect blend of power and efficiency' they say.  And the Mares Avante Tre Fins are only a sheckle or so (MRSFPT @ $34.95).

          I have a fresh set of the Avanti Tre Fins and they're great at moving my mass through the water.  You?  You'd be slick as can be, and super-fly at the same time.

          That's my two cents...

          --C. Clavin

          Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
        • rgray35711@aim.com
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
            Dear he who is usually ignored,

                That is a great idea.  I might actually go for both and see what the diff is.  I have played in Quattros before and they were movers.  I played in some rookie HPs on Tuesday and it was a sad, sad commentary on middle age.  I was wondering about the Avanti Tre Fins.  What size do you wear (notice I did not ask "what size are you" because the answer would come back "like a horse my friend" which would be utterly no help).

            Gozer the Gozerian

            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
              Can anyone tell me why the tag line at the end of Chris' missive is?

              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2007
                I think his new moniker is The Love Doctor.

                --T