Gear recommedations

  • Curtis Lomax
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
      I need to purchase a few items and would like to get your collective
      recommendations.

      Please advise me on what and where to buy:

      Fins
      Fin keepers
      Mouth guard
      Head gear
      Glove

      TIA,
      Curt
    • Tom Brown
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
        http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/WhatDoINeed.html
        has a link to a list of masks and fins Sean made
        http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/uwh_gear_sra.htm

        The FAQ lists some places to buy
        http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/FAQ.htm
        but if you are brave and know what you want search for a better deal.

        Also try searching the archives of the SFUWH. Gear has been discussed
        a few times.

        Mouth Guard you can buy from Dr Ken or Carol Rose. Yo often has fin
        keepers. Dr Ken had polo caps, though some people like the (cheaper)
        wrestling gear more.

        Tom
        (too sick to get in the pool :-()

        --
        28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A 22 8B 0E DC 3E
        mailto:mail@...
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007
          I also had a question on Sunday about where people can
          buy gloves. Apparently Rickey had been looking at
          SportMart or something.

          At any rate, is anyone making gloves, or T, do you
          have some S. African gloves to sell when you return
          from the land of polar bears? Mr. Fishstix has mostly
          retired from glove making and so we should consider
          what options the new players may have for gloves.
          Maybe they can fry their hands with hot glue the way I
          did for my first many years????

          mj
          --- Tom Brown <yahoo@...> wrote:

          http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/WhatDoINeed.html
          > has a link to a list of masks and fins Sean made

          http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/uwh_gear_sra.htm

          > The FAQ lists some places to buy

          http://www.underwater-society.org/uwhockey/sanfran/FAQ.htm
          > but if you are brave and know what you want search
          > for a better deal.
          >
          > Also try searching the archives of the SFUWH. Gear
          > has been discussed
          > a few times.
          >
          > Mouth Guard you can buy from Dr Ken or Carol Rose.
          > Yo often has fin
          > keepers. Dr Ken had polo caps, though some people
          > like the (cheaper)
          > wrestling gear more.
          >
          > Tom
          > (too sick to get in the pool :-()
          >
          > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:58:47AM -0000, Curtis
          > Lomax wrote:
          > > I need to purchase a few items and would like to
          > get your collective
          > > recommendations.
          > >
          > > Please advise me on what and where to buy:
          > >
          > > Fins
          > > Fin keepers
          > > Mouth guard
          > > Head gear
          > > Glove
          > >
          > > TIA,
          > > Curt
          > >

          > > To unsubscribe email
          > clubpuck-unsubscribe@egroups.com
          > > Yahoo! Groups Links
          > >

          > --
          > 28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A
          > 22 8B 0E DC 3E
          > mailto:mail@...
          > http://thecap.org/

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          http://autos.yahoo.com/green_center/
        • Sean R. Avent
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 26, 2007

            I have a good number of the Slovenian gloves coming, but not sure when they’ll get here.  I do not know the price right now either, but I assume they will be about $30.  It is the one shown in the attachment…

            Sparky

            --- Tom Brown <yahoo@thecap. org> wrote:

            http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhockey/ sanfran/WhatDoIN eed.html
            > has a link to a list of masks and fins Sean made

            http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhockey/ sanfran/uwh_ gear_sra. htm

            > The FAQ lists some places to buy

            http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhockey/ sanfran/FAQ. htm
            > but if you are brave and know what you want search
            > for a better deal.
            >
            > Also try searching the archives of the SFUWH. Gear
            > has been discussed
            > a few times.
            >
            > Mouth Guard you can buy from Dr Ken or Carol Rose.
            > Yo often has fin
            > keepers. Dr Ken had polo caps, though some people
            > like the (cheaper)
            > wrestling gear more.
            >
            > Tom
            > (too sick to get in the pool :-()
            >
            > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:58:47AM -0000, Curtis
            > Lomax wrote:
            > > I need to purchase a few items and would like to
            > get your collective
            > > recommendations.
            > >
            > > Please advise me on what and where to buy:
            > >
            > > Fins
            > > Fin keepers
            > > Mouth guard
            > > Head gear
            > > Glove
            > >
            > > TIA,
            > > Curt
            > >

            > > To unsubscribe email
            > clubpuck-unsubscrib e@egroups. com
            > > Yahoo! Groups Links
            > >

            > --
            > 28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A
            > 22 8B 0E DC 3E
            > mailto:mail@thecap. org
            > http://thecap. org/

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

            Park yourself in front of a world of choices in alternative vehicles. Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center .
            http://autos. yahoo.com/ green_center/

          • artyjamo@comcast.net
            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 27, 2007
              Talk to Yo,
              He has been making gloves lately

              -(7th)

              From: Mary Jo Ferris <mojoferris@...>

              I also had a question on Sunday about where people can
              buy gloves. Apparently Rickey had been looking at
              SportMart or something.

              At any rate, is anyone making gloves, or T, do you
              have some S. African gloves to sell when you return
              from the land of polar bears? Mr. Fishstix has mostly
              retired from glove making and so we should consider
              what options the new players may have for gloves.
              Maybe they can fry their hands with hot glue the way I
              did for my first many years????

              mj
              --- Tom Brown <yahoo@thecap. org> wrote:

              http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhockey/ sanfran/WhatDoIN eed.html
              > has a link to a list of masks and fins Sean made

              http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhocke y/ sanfran/uwh_ gear_sra. htm

              > The FAQ lists some places to buy

              http://www.underwat er-society. org/uwhockey/ sanfran/FAQ. htm
              > but if you are brave and know what you want search
              > for a better deal.
              >
              > Also try searching the archives of the SFUWH. Gear
              > has been discussed
              > a few times.
              >
              > Mouth Guard you can buy from Dr Ken or Carol Rose.
              > Yo often has fin
              > keepers. Dr Ken had polo caps, though some people
              > like the (cheaper)
              > wrestling gear more.
              >
              > Tom
              > (too sick to get in the pool :-()
              >
              > On Wed, Jun 27, 2007 at 12:58:47AM -0000, Curtis
              > Lomax wrote:
              > > I need to purchase a few items and would like to
              > get your collective
              > > recommendations.
              > >
              > > Please advise me on what and w here to buy:
              > >
              > > Fins
              > > Fin keepers
              > > Mouth guard
              > > Head gear
              > > Glove
              > >
              > > TIA,
              > > Curt
              > >

              > > To unsubscribe email
              > clubpuck-unsubscrib e@egroups. com
              > > Yahoo! Groups Links
              > >

              > --
              > 28 70 20 71 2C 65 29 61 9C B1 36 3D D4 69 CE 62 4A
              > 22 8B 0E DC 3E
              > mailto:mail@thecap. org
              > http://thecap. org/

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

              http://autos. yahoo.com/ green_center/

            • Katie Frank
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
                no need to fry your hands; there are better materials for the home glove-maker these days.  i make mine with those little "magic stretch" gloves and GE Silicone II caulk.  i've been very happy with them - the caulk is flexible and homemade ones are the only gloves that fit me right.  just make sure to wear a latex or vinyl glove underneath while it sets to avoid chemical burns.  and set yourself up with a beer and a good movie cause it takes a while.
                katie

                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 30, 2007
                  I have a small number of SA gloves currently.  I will order more when I get back (probably after Nationals).