More Names

  • Ho, Miles
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
      More Names

      Hey all,

      Can someone send me the names (and/or payments) of those who played Tuesday, 2/27?

      Also, I still only have a partial list from Thursday, 2/22:
      Tom
      Jack
      Matt Blair
      Bridget from SF
      David S
      Lacy
      Mike G
      Rich
      Greg A

      As a reminder, tonight starts a new month for those interested in paying monthly ($90/mon, $45/mon for students & children).

      I hope to be back to hockey soon.

      Aloha,
      Miles

    • Okafuji, Wendy
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007

        Can't help you with Tues 2/27 but I THINK these are the rest from Thurs 2/22.  Jack actually didn't play - it was his last night here :-(

        Wendy

        Brigit G

        Helen

        Kendall

        Josh

        Dimitri

        Jake

        Yori

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
          Kids,

          Though I haven't darkened the SJSU Pool doorways in quite some time, it seems that your recent 'fits of organization' might also accommodate a Sign-In Board for nightly attendance.  That way, if enforced, you would know who was attending any given evening.

          First person at the pool pulls out the dry-erase board for all.  Sign in...sign out; just like a dive boat.  At end of night...any person can enter night's attendance into 'dry log' for later reference, and then wipe dry-erase board clean for next night.

          But I don't want to mess with tradition, so this is just a suggestion...

          --C. Clavin

          "Disorganization sucks; the alternative requires organization."

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
            We will go back to the Ohlone System. That's right, the local Native American Tribe way back in the day went through the same things we are going through now and they devised the perfect system. A quote from a link on the Muwekma Ohlone Tribe website referring to the Santa Clara Valley Early History:

            "Sometime around 4000 years ago, according to anthropologists, the ancestral Ohlone, along with the culturally interrelated people of the greater Sacramento/ San Joaquim Delta regions, developed a system of social ranking"

            Okay, they used a different term, we use "colors", but I bet that is only because Underwater Hockey wasn't invented until the 1950s. We can have the sign-in board with a list of the regulars and spaces for sometimers and everyone checks in by marking the board. At 8:10 on Tuesdays and Thursdays and at 4:30 on Sundays, I, or some other Ducktator delegate, takes the board and divvies up the talent. This is done while everyone who will be playing that night is setting up the walls (except for an individual helping a rookie).

            Rules are:
            sign in before getting in the water or no play until halftime
            help set up the court(s) or no play until halftime
            be ready to start right after the talent is divvied

            That means that getting there and putting your name on the board at 8:09 and then heading into the locker room won't get you on a team until halftime. If we have to we will call everyone to the wall and do a namecheck before sending eveyone off to set up the court.

            It worked back in the day when we played at the old Ohlone Cement Pond and then hung out at the old Ohlone Watering Hole, it could work today. Afterall, it has at least a 4,000 year lifespan already. I will get the sign-in board ready to implement this system for the Ides of March, so beware.

            Old-school Ducktator

            ps- nice tagline Cliffy

            --
            Losing sucks, the alternative requires practice.
          • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 1, 2007
              would it be easier to have clipboard with names of usual suspects - space for date at top - and people circle their name; then lines/spaces for write ins? just a suggestion - sort of like our team lists for WC  where we liine out the non players - in this case, we line in/circle the players? most people could fine their names if in alpha order? I'd be glad to create the list if someone will give me the names of the usuals ....... I would make copies too and send down - could use one of the space inside clip boards so used lists just unclipped and put inside clip board - have an extra of that clipboard too ..... but just a suggestion.........

              Carol

              Carol Rose, President
              Underwater Society of America
              53C Appian Way