Sunday Hockey

  • Gmau38732@aol.com
    Message 1 of 49 , Dec 31, 1969
      This is to let everyone know that there IS going to be hockey this Sunday (7/2/2K). See you all there.
    • Bob Burres
      Message 49 of 49 , Jun 5, 2016
        We got a late start due to a scheduling mixup, but we still got in a full game.  The lifeguard was kind enough to show up on his day off and stay until 6:30.

        Although we had a bit of a wait, it was well worth it.  People are gearing up for Nationals and trying to get in a few last hours in the pool.  It turned out to be one heck of a game.  We had Dave Beauchamp, (perhaps spelled wrong), along with Andrei and Amy, grace us at out humble pool.  Canadian Dave (notice I didn't try to spell his last name) has recovered from his monthlong flu and is back and as mean as ever.

        And....wait for it...a special guest....hold on....Goze was back in the pool!  Evidently, the talk of the old timers tournament has gotten him fired up. He was hoping he could wear his old 28" speedo, but alas today was not the day.  It was fun watching him try to squeeze into it though.  I'm sure it will fit by September.

        I thought I split the teams perfectly, but the white team was getting beaten pretty badly in the beginning.  They wanted to make a huge trade.  I thought they needed to suck it up and get their act together.  We settled on a moderate trade, and Andrei went to the white team.  Sure enough they were sand bagging.  They made a few adjustments, started clicking and had us on our heels for most of the rest of the afternoon.  Andrei ended up the big winner again today.  I knew I didn't like that guy.

        Anyway, hockey is alive and well in the South Bay.  Don't forget to fill out the Doodle for Thursday and next Sunday.