SFSU Graduates

  • Matt Blair
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
      Puckers,

      I've got a student reporter from SFSU who wants to write a piece about
      underwater hockey for her school paper. However, she needs at least one
      current student or alumni of SFSU included in the article so she can
      publish it. Does anyone know any SFSU students or alum so we can help spread
      the word of hockey to the masses?

      Matt
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
        Capt. Sparky Avent is an SFSU masters degree candidate, and worked at their
        Romburg-Tiburon center for years. If he ever gets back from foreign lands,
        he would be the perfect apostle for your needs. Of course, Duck & Cliffie
        spent some time there also, but in a much earlier decade.

        --T

        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
          How about Derrick? Didn't he graduate just recently?
          > Capt. Sparky Avent is an SFSU masters degree candidate, and worked at
          > their
          > Romburg-Tiburon center for years. If he ever gets back from foreign
          > lands,
          > he would be the perfect apostle for your needs. Of course, Duck & Cliffie
          > spent some time there also, but in a much earlier decade.
          >
          > --T
          >

          >> Puckers,
          >>
          >> I've got a student reporter from SFSU who wants to write a piece about
          >> underwater hockey for her school paper. However, she needs at least one
          >> current student or alumni of SFSU included in the article so she can
          >> publish it. Does anyone know any SFSU students or alum so we can help
          > spread
          >> the word of hockey to the masses?
          >>
          >> Matt

          >> Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • calouseque
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
            Hi Matt,

            I am an SFSU Alumni in Film Dept and in Art Dept, and faculty member
            as well - you can give her my contact if she needs it for the article,
            ... that would be great, ... I can tell her how doing time at SFSU
            forced me to UWH therapy.

            Jakub
            Jakub Kalousek
            (415) 642 1417

            www.stagemedia In clubpuck@yahoogroups.com, "Matt Blair" <duereg@...>
            wrote:

            > Puckers,
            >
            > I've got a student reporter from SFSU who wants to write a piece about
            > underwater hockey for her school paper. However, she needs at least one
            > current student or alumni of SFSU included in the article so she can
            > publish it. Does anyone know any SFSU students or alum so we can
            help spread
            > the word of hockey to the masses?
            >
            > Matt

          • Chris McDowell
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
              Gidget (et al),

              I believe Derrick was at SJSU, but I could be wrong.

              True, too...Duck and I both did time at SFSU and he's the reason I became part of 'the BORG' at Club Puck.  Thanks, Doug!  I graduated from SFSU in 1992.

              I also agree with T - Sparky would make a mighty good apostle for UW Hockey Marketing, especially given his proximity to SFSU, his single male status, and his natural flair for all things hockey / party.

              If you get really desperate, ("And I DO mean really...") you can contact me to help get the word out.

              --C. Clavin

              Home (510) 521-6769
              Work (510) 995-1314

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006

                In a message dated 2/10/06 9:17:06 AM, duereg@... writes:

                Does anyone know any SFSU students or alum

                I am an alum x2 (BA & MA) but not a player as you all know........

                Carol

                Carol Rose, President
                Underwater Society of America
                53C Appian Way
                South San Francisco CA 94080
                650 583 8492
                650 583 0614 fax
                650 224 8353 cell

              • Chris McDowell
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006
                  Well said, Carol..l'-ll-lll-loohhhhllllollllololloolllollloolllll...(sorry, got lost there...)

                  BTW - UNCLE T --  Don't we have a nickname for Carol yet?  Get on that, wouldja?  Love you, babe...m-WAH!

                  I nominate Carol and Sparky, as SFSU graduate contacts...akin to myself...for the reporter's contact.

                  All votes regarding the nomination should weigh in as 'AGAINST!!!!'...lest Hockey-Net become overwhelmed with 'FOR' responses.

                  adhesively yours,

                  --cliff "peel & stick" clavin

                • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 2, 2006

                    In a message dated 2/10/06 5:58:18 PM, McDowell_C@... writes:

                    BTW - UNCLE T --  Don't we have a nickname for Carol yet?

                    if you do, I probably don't want to know ......... at one time I was the housemother - I will NOT be the mother of uw hockey ........