RE: [clubpuck] (translation)

  • Scott
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 16, 2005

      Swimmers = swim suit or trunks

      Cheers big ears = G’day (loosely)

      From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com [mailto: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com ] On Behalf Of Brigit
      Sent: Tuesday, August 16, 2005 11:15 AM
      To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com ; sfuwh@...
      Subject: Re: [clubpuck] (unknown)

      Well, I'm not exactly sure  what "swimmers" and "cheers big ears" means, but I think Jess is practicing Aussie lingo so she doesn't sound like a Yank when she gets home.  Let's see how much more American we can load her up with before she heads out!

      Besides the potluck that we'll have around the baa-bee, I'd also like a volunteer or two to help me with the barbequing.  I'm sure I'm not the best at the grill, so step up and show your stuff.  I'm happy to step aside and let a master at it.  I'd be glad to purchase (or share) supplies with you as well, just let me know.

      See you there,

      Sent: Thursday, August 11, 2005 9:14 PM

      Subject: [clubpuck] (unknown)

      After 6 awesome years in this crazy country that you call home I'm heading back to the sunny island down under that I call home. My flight out is on Sept 12th, which is terrible timing for those heading to PCC's, so the plan is to start drinking beers early and celebrate/commiserate my leaving at a BBQ at the Grimm's (many thanks Brigit and Mike) on Friday August the 19th. Details are below. Don't forget to bring a towel and your swimmers for the pool and hot tub which are looking absolutely fantastic.

      Date: Friday, August 19th.

      Time 5.30pm

      Where: The Grimm's house

      Take 280N to Los Altos area.  Take the El Monte exit, go west to first stop light.  Left on Stonebrook to the end, right on Kate to the end.  You're looking straight at the house!  28060 Laura Ct. hm 650-947-0178

      Bring: Something to share (salad, dessert, appetizer) and your favorite drink.

      I would very much like to drink a few beers and say thanks and farewell to my US hockey family. Cheers big ears.

      Jess