Getting started on Hockey Nights

    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2005
      Hi all

      I was hoping not to have to repeat myself this year, but I guess I set my
      hopes too high. So, here is this year's version of get your act together
      and stop annoying those who are ready to play.

      To be selected to play for the entire night you must be in the water, on
      the wall, and ready to go when we pick teams. No excuses will be accepted
      because, really, there aren't any good ones. Once selected, swim off the
      wall and get out of the way so the next selections can be completed. If
      you are not ready at start time then you may join in at halftime. Sitting
      or standing on deck is a sign that you are not ready. Swimming a warm-up
      off to the side, although close, is a sign that you are not ready. Asking
      if you have time to go change is most definitely a sign that you are not
      ready.

      We have already adjusted the time to allow for parking issues and people
      are abusing that by coming even later. Get your stuff organized so that we
      can start play without repeated interruptions. For Tuesday and Thursday we
      select teams at 8:10 and on Sunday at 4:30. This should allow for us to
      get the game started by 8:20 or 4:40. Which in turn makes halftime at 9:05
      or 5:35.

      So to recap:

      1. You must be in the water, with gear on, and at the wall at 8:10 or 4:30
      2. If you are not, you may join in at halftime at 9:05 or 4:35.
      3. No excuses.

      Pretty simple, right? Well, it starts tomorrow which is Tues May 3.

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • A T