PARTY ON!!

  • Jason Zvanut
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 31, 2005
      Due to popular demand (and Terry ;), the gear party is
      back on. Sorry for the headfake. Same time, same
      place, same stuff:

      Place: 50 Otis St. in SF (So. Van Ness @ Duboce, OK to
      park) Thanks to John P!

      Time: This Saturday, 4/02 from 3pm til ????

      What you need to bring: a pair of plain, cotton or
      acrylic gloves from Home Depot or other hardware
      store, a tube of white or black silicone, some cash,
      something to grill, and your preference of beverage.
      Also, bring your hockey gear if it needs help,
      repairs, etc. Bring any extra gear you wish to donate
      to the club, old masks, fins, etc.

      Bring your favorite newbie!

      We will be making custom sticks and gloves, taking
      orders for headgear, and selling mouthguards. The
      purpose is to help newer players get set up and have
      some gear available for newcomers when they show.
      Besides, we need to party. Call me or Sean with
      questions.

      Please RSVP!

      Jason 415-559-3032
      Sean 415-377-2380

      http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
    • Sean R. Avent
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
        Thanks to everyone for the great turnout and mass production of sticks and
        gloves and hangovers. I think we put about 6 to 8 gloves in the club's
        hockey bin and at least a dozen good sticks - not to mention making personal
        gear for all the newer players. Looks like we're set up for quite a while.

        Special thanks to John for the use of his place, including the bandsaw and
        the sander. It made the work a whole lot easier and gave me more time for
        quenching my thirst and filtering the various things Cliffy had to say:).
        And thanks also to Jason for the organizing and the pre-hangover
        entertainment.

        I think we should have one of these every 6 months or so. Who is in charge
        of planning the next one?

        Sean

        ======================
        Sean R. Avent
        Wetlands and Water Resources
        1010 B Street, Suite 425
        San Rafael, CA
        415-457-0250 voice
        415-457-0260 fax
        415-377-2380 mobile
        ======================

        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
          We are ordering more water polo caps and intend to get the Kiefer style. I
          like these the most as they are the closest to the Speedo style which is no
          longer available. These are the softer stretchier mesh nylon - not the
          coated PVC type stuff.

          If we have orders enough to get a full set (15 sets, numbers 2-16), the cost
          per cap is $12. But you may not get the number you want as they come with
          specific numbers. First come, first serve on the numbers. I'll try my
          best. If we get more requests than that, or if people are really into
          getting a special number, I'll order special numbers for people at a slight
          increase in cost TBD.

          So email me and let me know if you'd like in on the deal. This is a first
          come, first serve for the package deal - individual caps can be ordered at
          about $16 per cap (depending on shipping).

          ANSWER THESE QUESTIONS:
          1) How many SETS of caps do you want ($24 per set, one blue, one white)?
          2) What 3 numbers do you prefer (#s 2-16)?
          3) Would you prefer another number other than 2-16 (#s 1-30) if available?

          Sean

        • RGray35711@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 4, 2005
            Sean,

                Please put me down for two sets.

            In a message dated 4/4/2005 8:43:26 AM Pacific Daylight Time, savent@... writes:

[...]

            Help save the life of a child.  Support St. Jude Children's Research Hospital's
            'Thanks & Giving.'
            Click Here!

                http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/