Re: [clubpuck] State of the Puck Address

  • RGray35711@aol.com
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 9, 2005
      Carol,

      I did not have the benefit of a Rainbow girl education... well not in the traditional sense anyway. However most nerd types will remember the colors of the rainbow by the famous nerd mnemonic device or Mr. ROY G BIV.

      Goze
    • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 9, 2005

        In a message dated 2/9/05 3:13:20 PM, RGray35711@... writes:

        ROY G BIV.

        as there were no nerds in the 50's, I had to just memorize them - each color has significance in Rainbow hence the love, religion, nature, etc stuff; guys belonged to analogous group whose name escapes me - we considered them the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but that's a great mnon#%(*@$ or what ever you call it - I can never spell it. There are lots of those nmo#$%(@*U in dental education: 12 cranial nerves have a poem; 4 functions of the tongue (Duck will love this vein) spell MAST and such stuff........ Brigit has volunteered to drive our blind friend around - good time to show him the pool????? get him used to this new sport slowly.......... wouldn't want to scare him off would we?

        Carol Rose

        Underwater Society of America

        53C Appian Way, So San Francisco CA 94080
        650 583 8492
        fax 650 583 0614
        cell 650 224 8353
      • Craig V. W. Lewis
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 9, 2005
          Just a thought for those in positions of power
          and those who think they have them.

          My calendar said something about PCC's being the
          same weekend as Burning Man ... does anyone care?
          Does this seem like a bad idea to anyone? Do I
          have a clue?

          (Hey, I knew y'all could get 1 out of 3)

          CVL

          The all-new My Yahoo! - Get yours free!
          http://my.yahoo.com
        • Gregory Appling
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 10, 2005
            Yes PCC's will be be same weekend as Burning man. We contacted Burning Man
            and requested that he move his event to another week but he had already
            booked the desert for that weekend and had already published the dates.

            That is the only weekend (labor day weekend) that is open for Hiwaii to host
            PCC's. We are going for an Bigger International tournament this year and
            already have interest (nothing confirmed) from Aussies, Kiwi's, GBer's and
            those party animals in the Phillipines.

            We invited Burning Man to Hiwaii but he said he doesn't fly:(

            gregory

            Gregory Appling
            827 Cabrillo St
            San Francisco, CA 94118-3606