Re: [clubpuck] Fw: [Hockeynet] How not to treat a rookie

  • PETER TAYLOR
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 1, 2005
      CP,

      About 2 years ago, I gave a can of flourescent green
      paint to a USofA official who plays with CP. The
      paint was for use on the spare gloves to identify
      newcomers who tried hockey. Maybe the paint is still
      around. Somebody should ask Kendall, oops, I mean the
      unnamed USofA official if the paint is still in the CP
      locker.

      Peter "Whoa boy, I say, whoa dammit!!" Taylor

      === message truncated ===
      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hey Pete!!

        We've heard about your accident. So, how the heck are you doing? It
        sounded like a bad injury, so I hope all is healing well. It sounds like
        you've got your humor, so that's always a good sign.

        Take care,

        > About 2 years ago, I gave a can of flourescent green
        > paint to a USofA official who plays with CP. The
        > paint was for use on the spare gloves to identify
        > newcomers who tried hockey. Maybe the paint is still
        > around. Somebody should ask Kendall, oops, I mean the
        > unnamed USofA official if the paint is still in the CP
        > locker.
        >
        > Peter "Whoa boy, I say, whoa dammit!!" Taylor
        >
        > --- Brigit <hockeybrigit@...> wrote:
        >
        >> I thought I would forward my own message to Club
        >> Puck to see what you think.
        >>
        >> Comments? Any spare gloves out there that we can
        >> make red? Or I'll buy a
        >> couple of new ones. T, I need a couple of gloves
        >> anyway-- are you still
        >> carrying? If so, are you going to show up at hockey
        >> in the next few months,
        >> Superbowl, or can you send some down to hockey soon?
        >> There is a tournament
        >> coming up and maybe you can sell a few more too.
        >>
        >> Brigit

      • Chadd, Helen
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 3, 2005
          I need new gloves too (black and white) do you carry different sizes?

          Helen
          --------------------------

          >I agree with Shawn. There aren't so many rookies in most club's pools that
          >your whole game has to go to pot. I suggest a red glove given just to
          >newbies and the task for your experienced players is to develop yet another
          >skill of control. When you see a red glove in the play, back off in that
          >split second so you don't slam them or their stick hand. It's a skill.
          >When the newbie turns into a rookie ( after a few practices and development
          >of a few skills and a little speed), maybe they get a red-striped glove and
          >you then are allowed to make a few EXTREMELY CLEAN (yet another new skill)
          >moves on them. When they are hooked on the game, then you can teach them a
          >few of those special skills you all have.
          >
          > By the way, at least in this neck of the woods, I often see the
          > experienced players take the opportunity to go up for a few extra breaths
          > while the new player has the puck, left all alone to try to make it to the
          > goal by themselves. How about another task for you pros. Send MORE
          > people down so your rookie sees lots of options to past to.
          >
          > One more thing, while I'm on a roll. When a rookie makes a goal and
          > everyone congratulates them ( which is good), why do we make that person
          > set the puck? They are already ready to pass out from all that effort!
          > Be a gentleman or woman and help them out resetting the puck. When they
          > are more fit, they'll take on the task, gladly, I'm sure.
          >
          > Brigit

          Yahoo! Groups Links