Re: [clubpuck] restaurant

  • Chris McDowell
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 13, 2005
      Gidge...

      This spot is close to everyone in your soccer crowd, unless they hail
      from the far East or North. It should hit everyone's needs for the
      event you have planned, but isn't too lengthy, or boring, for others.

      Not sure if it's the right venue or not, but I recommend the Old Pro
      in Palo Alto. The theme is athletic, the food's great, beer and wine
      available (and very good), possible to accomodate your large crew and
      show videos of soccer events on their back-room, big-screen TV (might
      disappoint compared to your home unit)...and they do accept minors:

      Be sure to try the: Jambalaya, Garlic Fries, Burgers - any!

      At last check, they have: pool tables, shuffle-board, video games,
      and lots of Stanford Co-Eds staffing the wait staff. If I could
      suffer through it back then, I imagine you can too.

      They tend to minimize staff for events, so check that they have
      enough to cover your event <-- their only weak spot, from years' past
      remembrance. Ideal time - midday to late afternoon, weekdays.

      Be sure to check NFL playoff schedule / other sports playoffs for
      high density attendance and conflict with your event. Check with
      them for ideal times (when THEY want you to attend) to compare with
      Soccer Crowd's desired times (when YOU want to attend, without
      crowds), or call me if you need more info.

      Best,

      --C. Clavin

      The Old Pro Restaurant & Sports Bar

      Address: 2865 El Camino Real, Palo Alto

      (Corner of Page Mill Expressway & El Camino Real)

      Phone: 650.325.2070

      Price Range: 4.50--$11

      Cuisine: Mixed bag

      Hours: 11:30am--midnight, daily

      =====

      http://my.yahoo.com
    • Rfullerfam@aol.com
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
        Greg mentions the Tied House - my son worked there last year and has heard through the grapevine that the owner is looking to sell the place - with no over-water hockey, the place can't make it. Remember our idea of a 80' by 45' glass box in the HP Pavilion for spectator UWH? We could save the economy of downtown San Jose!
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
          Sounds like a plan. Thanks Roger! We'll have the details worked out in no
          time. Please send donations to the Save San Jose and Help Build UW Hockey
          Fund. And this time no sport court -- just big slick tiles.

          Duck

          http://mobile.yahoo.com/maildemo
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
            Great idea, Roger. All we need are some funds....hmmm...

            > Greg mentions the Tied House - my son worked there last year and has heard
            > through the grapevine that the owner is looking to sell the place - with
            > no over-water hockey, the place can't make it. Remember our idea of a 80'
            > by 45' glass box in the HP Pavilion for spectator UWH? We could save the
            > economy of downtown San Jose!

            > Yahoo! Groups Links

          • Joseph Grandov
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
              You might want to check-out Alpine Inn in Portola Valley on Alpine Rd. It
              was Rizotti's and now it's the Alpine Inn. They can handle a large
              boisterous group without any difficulty. The food is passable but the
              outside is huge. Enjoy.

              Joey-San

            • Rfullerfam@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 14, 2005
                Duckster, the bottom of the tank is also glass (or Lexan)- it has to be cast all in one piece - perfect surface as is! -R