Updated List

  • Susan Banks
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 30, 2004
      Here's the updated phone list. Also, it's time for me to pass the torch......can some please volunteer to keep this updated on a regular basis?

      Thanks

      Sue
    • Karen McDowell
      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 30, 2004
        Hi Everyone,

        I guess we missed the deadline. Here is our "not so new" information (1 year old now).

        Karen and Chris McDowell
        1525 Chestnut St. #A
        Alameda, CA 94501
        (510) 521-6769

        Thanks Sue for all of your work.

        Cheers,

        Karen

        Here's the updated phone list. Also, it's time for me to pass the torch......can some please volunteer to keep this updated on a regular basis?

        Thanks

        Sue

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 30, 2004
          Thanks for your time and efforts Sue.

          Hey, it looks like whomever volunteers already has a job to do. And more
          than likely several others will soon be coming forth with "Oh yeah, here
          is our..." so there could be a lot of work to do soon. Maybe the next
          person will be able to get people to send in their changes prior to the
          new list going out.

          Appreciative Duck

          --- Karen McDowell <karenhart1@...> wrote:

          > Hi Everyone,
          >
          > I guess we missed the deadline. Here is our "not so new" information (1
          > year old now).
          >
          > Karen and Chris McDowell
          > 1525 Chestnut St. #A
          > Alameda, CA 94501
          > (510) 521-6769
          >
          > Thanks Sue for all of your work.
          >
          > Cheers,
          >
          > Karen
          >

          > Here's the updated phone list. Also, it's time for me to pass the
          > torch......can some please volunteer to keep this updated on a regular
          > basis?
          >
          > Thanks
          >
          > Sue

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

          > Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

          http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush
        • mike_grimm
          Message 4 of 22 , Aug 30, 2004
            Sue,
            I'll volunteer to take over for a while(Let's see how many years have you been doing it?).  The format seems to be all the new entries are in red???

            All,
            What do you think about keeping the list on the CP web site?  If you are ok with that, then how about a database on the sie and everyone can update it themselves?  In the mean time, get your updates in and I'll refresh the list in about 2 weeks.  Send them to me, not the CP list.
            mike

            Message 5 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
              Mike et al.,

              I would only be okay with the contact list going up on the website, so long as it was not accessible to the public. Only people who are members should be able to gain access to the database.  That would require setting up a member login to access the information and also someone to police new members to make sure they are legitimate before giving them access to any such sensitive information.  Otherwise, I'm against it.

              Sorry, but I do at least 95% of my work via email and can't afford to waste more time sorting more junk out of my inbox than I already do.    Putting contact information on a publicly accessible website is a sure-fire way to increase spam and other forms of unwanted inquiries.  And no, I do not want to set up another email address just for hockey.

              Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents worth in.

              Ang

              Message 6 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                Mike/Sue,

                Club Puck list update for Ang and Steve:

                My last name has officially been changed.  I no longer go by Arenovski.  Please change my last name to Shephard.

                Also Steve's work extension is x203 now, but it's not necessary to include it, 'cause now when you dial the main number you are directly connected to his desk.

                Cheers, Ang

                Message 7 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                  Helen,

                  I'm cc-ing the list with my response.

                  No, I was not aware of that my email postings to the CP list were appearing twice everytime. Has this been happening for a long time, or is it something recent?  I only see one post in my mailbox whenever I post anything.  Are others getting two copies of all my postings, or just Helen?  If this is a universal problem, then I guess I need to check with my internet provider.  In the meantime, can the keeper of the list check to make sure it's not a problem with the list, assuming Helen's not the only one getting two postings from me everytime?

                  Ang

                  Do you know that every time you send an email to the list we get two copies of it.  Any idea what is wrong?

                  Here's the updated phone list.  Also, it's time for me to pass the torch......can some please volunteer to keep this updated on a regular basis?

                  Thanks

                  Sue

                • Chadd, Helen
                  Message 8 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                    Hey Ang,

                    I just got three copies of your message now -they are multiplying.  Perhaps it's my server.  Let me know if you hear anything back from folks

                  • RGray35711@aol.com

                          Message 12 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                            I might have a solution. Itll allow you to edit information available on
                            the web. Note that:

                            1) Itll link from clubpuck.us
                            2) There's a sign-up
                            3) Its still in beta (which means it can screw up once in a while)

                            If this is okay with the club puck gods, then I will set an example up (if
                            someone would send me the updated list)

                            David

                          • Andrea Shephard
                            Message 13 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                              Goze,

                              Ouch!  The Bulldozer!  I don't deserve that nickname, do I?

                              :-(

                              Ang

                              Andrea L. Shephard, Ph.D.
                              Project Coordinator
                              National Decentralized Water Resources Capacity Development Project
                              6167 Potrero Drive
                              Newark, CA   94560
                              Email:  a_arenovski@...
                              Office Ph:  (510) 651-4200
                              Facsimile:  (510) 651-4700
                              Website:    www.ndwrcdp.org

                              Message 14 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                I only get one.
[...]

                                  • well_iam_king
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                      What about a database on the Yahoogroup site? There is already an
                                      outdated phone list from Jan '03 on the site under files. I just
                                      made the most recent a database. That way you can not only access it
                                      but edit yer info at any time. Not like the info hasn't been there
                                      for a year and a half already, now it's just editable by everyone,
                                      and not out there on the open WEB.
                                      -S

                                      > As much as it pains me to admit Andrea, aka THE BULLDOZER, makes a
                                      > compelling point.
                                      >
                                      > Goze
                                      >
                                      > In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:27:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                                      > a_arenovski@e... writes:
                                      >

                                      > Mike et al.,
                                      >
                                      > I would only be okay with the contact list going up on the website,
                                      so long
                                      > as it was not accessible to the public. Only people who are members
                                      should
                                      > be able to gain access to the database. That would require setting
                                      up a
                                      > member login to access the information and also someone to police
                                      new
                                      > members to make sure they are legitimate before giving them access
                                      to any
                                      > such sensitive information. Otherwise, I'm against it.
                                      >
                                      > Sorry, but I do at least 95% of my work via email and can't afford
                                      to waste
                                      > more time sorting more junk out of my inbox than I already do.
                                      Putting
                                      > contact information on a publicly accessible website is a sure-fire
                                      way to
                                      > increase spam and other forms of unwanted inquiries. And no, I do
                                      not want
                                      > to set up another email address just for hockey.
                                      >
                                      > Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents worth in.
                                      >
                                      > Ang
                                      >

                                      > _____

                                      <http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=1293572nq/M=295196.4901138.6071305.300117
                                      6/D=gr

                                      oups/S=1705184035:HM/EXP=1094063297/A=2128215/R=0/SIG=10se96mf6/*http:
                                      //comp

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                        A database on the Yahoogroups site has the same problems as posting the
                                        phone list as a file. Anyone on the list can read it, and anyone can get on
                                        the list. For instance, someone can subscribe with the name "well_iam_king"
                                        and sign his/her emails as "S", and we have no idea who it is. OK, some of
                                        us can figure out that it's Scott (whether the main Scott or the "other"
                                        Scott I'm not sure), but the point is that membership is unrestricted.

                                        We could require subscriptions to the list to be approved. As list nazi I'm
                                        happy to do that. If folks want to go that way I'll do that. In fact, I'll
                                        do it now, and if anyone doesn't like it, let me know.

                                        --T

                                        > What about a database on the Yahoogroup site? There is already an
                                        > outdated phone list from Jan '03 on the site under files. I just
                                        > made the most recent a database. That way you can not only access it
                                        > but edit yer info at any time. Not like the info hasn't been there
                                        > for a year and a half already, now it's just editable by everyone,
                                        > and not out there on the open WEB.
                                        > -S
                                        >

                                        > > As much as it pains me to admit Andrea, aka THE BULLDOZER, makes a
                                        > > compelling point.
                                        > >
                                        > > Goze
                                        > >
                                        > > In a message dated 8/31/2004 9:27:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
                                        > > a_arenovski@e... writes:
                                        > >

                                        > > Mike et al.,
                                        > >
                                        > > I would only be okay with the contact list going up on the website,
                                        > so long
                                        > > as it was not accessible to the public. Only people who are members
                                        > should
                                        > > be able to gain access to the database. That would require setting
                                        > up a
                                        > > member login to access the information and also someone to police
                                        > new
                                        > > members to make sure they are legitimate before giving them access
                                        > to any
                                        > > such sensitive information. Otherwise, I'm against it.
                                        > >
                                        > > Sorry, but I do at least 95% of my work via email and can't afford
                                        > to waste
                                        > > more time sorting more junk out of my inbox than I already do.
                                        > Putting
                                        > > contact information on a publicly accessible website is a sure-fire
                                        > way to
                                        > > increase spam and other forms of unwanted inquiries. And no, I do
                                        > not want
                                        > > to set up another email address just for hockey.
                                        > >
                                        > > Thanks for letting me put my 2 cents worth in.
                                        > >
                                        > > Ang
                                        > >

                                        > > _____

                                      • Andrea Shephard
                                        Message 19 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                          Mike,

                                          Thanks!

                                          FCWAP

                                          Message 20 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                            Helen,

                                            You're subscribed twice:

                                            You got 3 copies because Andrea copied you as well as the list.  I'll let you unsubscribe one of your addresses.

                                            Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2004 9:52 AM

                                              Message 22 of 22 , Aug 31, 2004
                                                Right a database has the same problem as a file; and anyone out there
                                                can sign up to an unrestricted list and read it. My point was, there
                                                has been a phone list in the files for 1.5 years now. Putting the
                                                data base on the group site is different than the CP web page. On
                                                the group site, even an unrestricted one, people have to go through
                                                the chore of signing up to the list... not much of a deterrent but
                                                nobody is coming accross it by accident. Besides any undesirables
                                                who have signed up to the list and poked around and seen God knows
                                                what, have also recieved updates to the phone list emailed to them,
                                                so how is the database less secure?

                                                -S

                                                --- In clubpuck@yahoogroups.com, "Terry Sutton" <terrysutton@u...>