RE: [clubpuck] abalone this weekend

  • rage
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 11, 2004
      Hi,
      I wanted to get some information about the abalone trip this coming weekend. I
      managed to get a sleeping bag, a sleeping mat and a tent. I'm trying to get a
      wetsuit, will probably rent one?

      Questions: Where do I buy an abalone permit? Do they sell day permits? What
      else do I need to take? Food? Does it get cold there? How do I get there?
      times? Anything else?

      Thanks for the info

      Jorge
    • John Goodrich
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 11, 2004
        Jorge,

        The Yahoo Map is not the shortest route or most direct, you may want to talk
        to someone at club puck for a more direct route.

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/jswolB/TM
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 11, 2004
          Jorge,

          I'll bring up several extra wetsuits some of which should fit you. Everybody doesn't go diving at the same time so borrowing a weight belt or whatever shouldn't be a problem. Just get there. Bring some warm clothes as it can be windy and foggy.

          kendall
          In a message dated 8/11/04 3:03:21 PM, rage@... writes:

          Hi,
          I wanted to get some information about the abalone trip this coming weekend. I
          managed to get a sleeping bag, a sleeping mat and a tent. I'm trying to get a
          wetsuit, will probably rent one?

          Questions: Where do I buy an abalone permit? Do they sell day permits? What
          else do I need to take? Food? Does it get cold there?  How do I get there?
          times? Anything else?

          Thanks for the info

          Jorge

        • Jason Zvanut
          Message 4 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
            steve,

            i can't show up if i don't know where you play. i
            will be coming in from tahoe.

            --- steve kars <stevenkars@...> wrote:

            > Make sure you come and play some hockey in davis
            > afterwards on sunday :) We
            > still need more bodies...
            >
            > Steve & Carolyn
            >

            > >From: Dan McKinley
            > <danmck@...>
            > >To: Club Puck <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com>
            > >Subject: [clubpuck] abalone this weekend
            > >Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 08:39:42 -0700
            > >
            > >Ocean Cove dive trip this coming weekend will be at
            > group camp site #3 for
            > >a change of pace. See you all then.
            > >
            > >Dan McKinley
            > >Scientific Equipment Repair
            > >http://www.scientific-equipment.com
            > >650 938-3169 FAX 650 390-9758

            > Designer Mail isn't just fun to send, it's fun to
            > receive. Use special
            > stationery, fonts and colors.

            > Start enjoying all the benefits of MSN� Premium
            > right now and get the
            > first two months FREE*.

            > --------------------~-->
            > Toolbar.

            http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/jswolB/TM

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Andrea Shephard
            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
              Just curious, will there be hockey this Sunday in San Jose?  Sounds like a number of you may be planning to play in Davis and others may not be returning from Ocean Cove in time for San Jose hockey???  Are we going to have enough players on Sunday for Club Puck hockey in San Jose?  Who's planning to be there?  Maybe we should get a headcount?

              I think Steve and I are planning to be there.

              Ang
              Andrea L. Shephard, Ph.D.
              Project Coordinator
              National Decentralized Water Resources Capacity Development Project
              6167 Potrero Drive
              Newark, CA   94560
              Email:  a_arenovski@...
              Office Ph:  (510) 651-4200
              Facsimile:  (510) 651-4700
              Website:    www.ndwrcdp.org
            • Dave Quiec
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
                Im in!

                >From: "Andrea Shephard" <a_arenovski@...>
                >To: <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com>
                >Subject: RE: [clubpuck] abalone this weekend
                >Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:08:46 -0700
                >
                >Just curious, will there be hockey this Sunday in San Jose? Sounds like a
                >number of you may be planning to play in Davis and others may not be
                >returning from Ocean Cove in time for San Jose hockey??? Are we going to
                >have enough players on Sunday for Club Puck hockey in San Jose? Who's
                >planning to be there? Maybe we should get a headcount?
                >
                >I think Steve and I are planning to be there.
                >
                >Ang
                >Andrea L. Shephard, Ph.D.
                >Project Coordinator
                >National Decentralized Water Resources Capacity Development Project
                >6167 Potrero Drive
                >Newark, CA 94560
                >Email: a_arenovski@...
                >Office Ph: (510) 651-4200
                >Facsimile: (510) 651-4700
                >Website: www.ndwrcdp.org

              • Mark Zvilius
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
                  Message
                  I'll be at hockey.
                  Message 8 of 11 , Aug 12, 2004
                    Goze, Mrs. Goze and the Gozettes will be at Sunday hockey this weekend.

                    Goze
                  • John Goodrich
                    Message 9 of 11 , Aug 13, 2004
                      I need a quick response on this.  There is an x-diver up here who is trying to sell all his scuba gear. He would like me to sell it for him.  I don't want to take the gear to ocean cove unless there is some interest.
                      He's a little over 6' the gear is (Complete WeSuite (Two Piece Step In) with attached hood, booties, gloves, weight belts, soft pack BC with intergrated weights, regulator, with computer, depth & pressure gauge,
                      two sets of fins, full foot and bootie style, not a common brand fins that UWH would use, mask and snorkle, dive float.  The gear is fairly new and hasn't been used more then a dozen times.