4th of July Hockey Substitute

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2004
      It's official!  We're hosting a 4th of July cookout-then-go-watch-fireworks event.  At least 50% of my roomies have given their approval (note "do we have to?" is considered approval in these matters), so it's a go.

      Nothing formal, we'll just stick some dead animal on the grill, have some beers or rumbos, and celebrate being American.  Or if you're not American, celebrate that an American is having a party.  At some point approaching dark we'll head down to the Embarcadero to watch fireworks.  Unless you don't like fireworks, in which case you can stay and drink beers or rumbos and celebrate being an American who doesn't like fireworks (or if you're not American...).

      I'm not about to tell you people what time this starts, as you're going to show up whenever you feel like it.  Try not to be here before noon, unless you're planning on helping set up.  If you're helping set up don't show up before noon.  I'll tell you not to bring anything, not that that ever works.  Anything we need and don't have we can run over to Safeway for; it's an American tradition.

      That's it.  Any questions?

      Oh yeah, address is 62 Sanchez (near 14th & Market), SF.  Phone is 415-437-2445 (mobile 415-999-2445).