Re: AN OUTRAGE! The Update ...

  • Sharon Flynn
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
      Well, some of you have figured it out ... yes this was an
      April Fools Joke ... the AFD rule is the April Fools Day
      rule! ... I had planned to follow up a little sooner but
      wasn't able to get Internet access until now.

      I have a lot of final notes to write to you all about and
      will do so later tonight. I just wanted to clear this up
      for anyone and let you know that yes, we STILL HAVE THE
      GOLD!

      Happy April ..

      Sharon

      sharon flynn wrote:

      > Niloufer will you please forward to the previous email
      > list .. thanks!
      >
      > You will not believe it! We have all been called back
      > to Christchurch to RE-DEFEND the gold! Apparently the
      > Aussies filed a grievance after they watched the video
      > (some new rule this year that allows that - the AFD
      > rule) ... and the refs have stated that if we want to
      > we must play the game again! If we don't make it back
      > to the pool with a full team by 6pm today, we forfeit
      > the gold and Aussies will automatically win it! This
      > has NEVER happened before in the Worlds and is
      > unbelievable, our team has scattered to the winds
      > touring for a few days before the final closing
      > ceremonies and banquet. We have calls, emails and
      > pages out to everyone we know to try and collect the
      > team. We've left messages at every visitor center
      > between CHC and the tip of the island ... who knows
      > what will happen?
      >
      > I guess they Aussies just couldn't stand losing both
      > in the men's and women's division ... what and who
      > created the egregious foul is unknown to us, but this
      > is an OUTRAGE!
      >
      > Depending on the outcome of the game .. maybe we can
      > contest it .. and play again and again ... this could
      > go on forever at this rate!
      >
      > Well better dash to Christchurch .. we are currently
      > in Lake Tekapo about 4 hours away!
      >
      > Will update you later,
      > Sharon

      > http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Matt & Annabel Briseno
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 5, 2004
        Good on you!!

        To the US Masterful Women AND the Aussies with a lot of puck!!!

        Matt & Annabel Briseno
        Kona Hawaii www.freediving.us