New Years Eve at Casa Sanchez

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 29, 2003
      I have been informed that no one has yet agreed to host the annual Club Puck New Year's Eve party, and it was hinted that I could help solve this situation.  So I'll step up and accept my responsibility to insure that no opportunity to have a party go unexplored, no matter how cliched and ordinary the excuse.  I mean, really, we're marking an artifically constructed labelling of a time period.  We go from 2003 to 2004, what does that really mean.  It's not like it's a natural event, like celebrating the last day before a period of 40 days (not counting Sundays) before some religious figure got executed, or dressing up in childish costumes and smashing pumpkins, or a day set aside to celebrate the plight of laborers in the Bahamas.

      But I digress.  I stop babbling now, lest you think the party's at Cliffie's.  So we'll host New Year's Eve.  Come whenever you want (I've learned that whatever start time I establish has no relevance to when people arrive).  If you want to come early, you can join us on a pub crawl.  If people want to go down to the Embarcadero to watch fireworks at midnight, you're welcome to do that also.  Whatever.

      See y'all then.

      --Casa Sanchez Party Crew
      (Molly, Renata, T)