Re: [clubpuck] Another Holiday Party - part 3

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 4, 2003
      Seasons greetings!!

      You are officially invited to the Holiday Hockey Party on Saturday, December 13 at 4pm until late at the Grimm cottage.

      I will be cooking up a big turkey (don't tell Jimm...You know how he got about killing those termites...!!!).  I'll also be serving up hot spiced cider and hot mulled wine.  Some snacks and other drinks will available, as usual, but I'm depending on each of you to supplement this feast with a delicious potluck dish and/or something to drink.

      After we feast, we will have our annual gift exchange which will be directed and dictated by Mike.  Surely, fun will be had by all, but we won't know what we're getting ourselves into until then.  Just bring a gift, as described below in painful detail, and hang on for the ride.

      I'm afraid the hot tub won't be available yet, but we have other fun in store and there will be a fire roaring in the fireplace.  Bring a friend and the kids and settle in for a fun, warm, happy evening with your hockey buddies.  Bring your sleeping bag and stay for the night--there is plenty of room in our bungalow.  In the morning, if we feel up to it, we'll go for a little hike in the back hills and have a little buckeye bowling competition.

      I think Mapquest http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?country=US&addtohistory=&address=28060+Laura+Ct&city=Los+Altos+Hills&state=ca&zipcode=94022&homesubmit=Get+Map will do a pretty good job of getting you to us, but here are the directions.  Get yourself near Los Altos on 280, take the El Monte exit ( not the Magdelena exit) and get onto El Monte west (towards the hills).  At the very first light, take a left onto Stonebrook.  Follow Stonebrook to the end and turn right onto Kate Dr.  Go to the end of Kate and take a left onto Laura Ct.  Our driveway is the first one on the right.  It should take you about 3 minutes from the freeway.  You may park on the driveway, but leave room for others to pass (unless you know they are staying).  Please don't park or drive on the dirt to either side of the driveway--it can get mushy.  There is also parking on the street.

      We hope you and yours can join us for this festive occasion.  'Tis the season -- enjoy and keep smiling!

      By the way, would someone please send this to the San Francisco group and let me know that it's been done.  I'd like them to be invited too!  Thanks!

      Cheers,
      Brigit and Mike
      650-947-0178 with questions and RSVP
      28060 Laura Ct.
      Los Altos Hills, CA 94022
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 5, 2003

        Hi Guys,

        Unfortunately Lyndon and myself will not be able to attend this event since we will be in Hawaii  =(

        I know you going to have a GREAT time; we are very jealous however we will do some extra snorkeling for you ;)

        If you guys are not 100% sure whether you want to go to this party or not I would definitely recommend you going, even if it is just to go see Mike and Brigit’s NEW BEAUTIFUL house -don’t forget to bring your compass with because you might get lost =).  Piffffff, and do not forget all the fabulous food, fun time and great laughter’s!

        I will not see you till next year, that been said I wish you all a wonderful Party, Christmas and New Year!

        Madeleine Rive