Trashing the platforms

  • kendallctv
    Message 1 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
      The pool has asked that we remove the platforms completely out of the pool
      area as they are having termite problems that have been attributed to the
      rotting wood. If we don't get them out (target date next Tuesday) then the
      school will have them removed and bill us. We can likely save some money if
      we do it ourselves.

      Anybody have any ideas on the best way to go about this, or better yet, is
      anyone willing to take the lead on seeing that it happens?

      thanks,

      kendall
    • Mike Grimm
      Message 2 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
        I recall the wood being in decent shape. Does anyone want to salvage it,
        Good material for a tree fort. Does anyone remember if it was nailed or
        screwed? Why don't we get together at 3:30 this sunday to tear it apart.
        Can we get 6 vollunteers? Bring hammers, pry bars, skill saws, sawzall,
        screw guns and muscles and we can finish it up quickly.

        If no one wants any of it, I can bring it back home and let my contractor
        recycle/dispose of it.
        Mike

      • RGray35711@aol.com
        Message 3 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
          Da Goze can be there early on Sunday to help gently destroy the termite food.

          Da Goze
        • Dan McKinley
          Message 4 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
            Lets take a look at it tonight and come up with a plan I have the tools.

            At 06:53 AM 11/13/03 -0800, you wrote:
            >I recall the wood being in decent shape. Does anyone want to salvage it,
            >Good material for a tree fort. Does anyone remember if it was nailed or
            >screwed? Why don't we get together at 3:30 this sunday to tear it apart.
            >Can we get 6 vollunteers? Bring hammers, pry bars, skill saws, sawzall,
            >screw guns and muscles and we can finish it up quickly.
            >
            >If no one wants any of it, I can bring it back home and let my contractor
            >recycle/dispose of it.
            >Mike

            Dan McKinley
            Scientific Equipment Repair
            http://www.scientific-equipment.com
            650 938-3169 FAX 650 390-9758
          • Chris McDowell
            Message 5 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
              Dan-O,

              I think that might make some decent bonfire wood (hint, hint)...

              -- C. Clavin

              Do you Yahoo!?
            • steve kars
              Message 6 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
                Speaking of that...Is abalone still open? Is anyone planning a trip soon?
                i would like to go free diving once more... hey vic you up for it?

                Steve

                >From: Chris McDowell <McDowell_C@...>
                >To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [clubpuck] Trashing the platforms
                >Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 12:58:59 -0800 (PST)
                >
                >Dan-O,
                >
                >I think that might make some decent bonfire wood (hint, hint)...
                >
                >-- C. Clavin

              • Dan McKinley
                Message 7 of 7 , Nov 13, 2003
                  Capital idea Chris. Maybe we can cut it up and leave it until next week and
                  haul it up to Ocean cove to recycle it in a ceremony more befitting it as
                  an item of historical insignificance.
                  I did rip some of the redwood uprights and used them for window casing in
                  my rec room