Re: [clubpuck] Hockey at the Sheehan Hotel - great time had.

  • steve kars
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
      Chris, i was thinking about coming down for hockey tonight. Give me a call
      i'll be home today.
      530-753-8430

      Steve

      >From: Chris McDowell <McDowell_C@...>
      >To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [clubpuck] Hockey at the Sheehan Hotel - great time had.
      >Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 00:16:42 -0700 (PDT)
      >
      >Jason and all,
      >
      >Had a great time at the Sheehan Hotel tonight for UWHockey! Nice pool. I
      >was pleasantly surprised to learn that the 5 on 5 was as vigorous and as
      >high level as it was. Not so pleasantly surprised to learn that the small
      >tiles on the wall act as a cheese grater on my nipples...ouch! Where's
      >that duct tape? I'll look like Wendy O. Williams of the Plasmatics on my
      >next soiree' to the Sheehan...
      >
      >Advantages for the Sheehan are numerous:
      >
      >Tile bottom. Dive bars and cheap food joints everywhere around the hotel.
      >Downtown S.F., so banquet arrangements would be a breeze and the
      >after-party wouldn't have to end as early as it does in the burbs. And you
      >can play a tournament in the same hotel that you're booked at!
      >
      >Picture laying on your bed during the tournament, all of your hockey gear
      >on, and the phone rings for wake-up...and to tell you that you're playing
      >room #32 in the Round Robin. You walk down the hallway in your fins...and
      >take the elevator to the pool. What could be easier?
      >
      >Thanks for the fun, we'll definitely be back.
      >
      >--The Clavins

      http://join.msn.com/?page=dept/features&pgmarket=en-ca&RU=http%3a%2f%2fjoin.msn.com%2f%3fpage%3dmisc%2fspecialoffers%26pgmarket%3den-ca
    • Chris McDowell
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
        Steve,

        No hockey tonight...every OTHER Monday, twice a month, is when we play.

        Here's our current method from the East Bay:

        Plan on arriving at Oakland West BART station at 6:15, leave for S.F. to play at 7:00, snack and a drink after Hockey, on BART by 10:30 +/-, Oakland West return at 11:00 +/-, drive home.

        --Chris

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • Jason Zvanut
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 3, 2003
          Thanks, Chris. Steve, I try to get an email out to
          confirm the Hotel Hockey play every other week. I
          will negotiate for more time once we get attendance
          stabilized at a good level (8-10), and/or we lose the
          Coffman pool. So far, those who play at the Hotel
          prefer it to Coffman. I would like to see two nights
          a week there. We are also working on an olympic-style
          pool on the peninsula, but I do not know any details
          there.

          jason

          http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree