Underwater Rugby Worlds - women!

  • miata_nina <miata_nina@operamail.com>
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
      In May, the World Underwater Rugby Championships will be held in
      Denmark.
      The United States entered a men's team for the first time when Worlds
      were last held in Germany in 1999.
      We would like to enter the first USA Women's Team this year.

      We have several women who are committed to going but it is not quite
      a full team (15 members)
      And the women that are committed come from several geographic
      locations in the US (Boston, NY, CT, FL).
      We are not letting distance stop us.
      We would love to have you join us in Denmark. (25-31 May)

      Please let us (miata_nina@...) know if you will accept our
      invitation and become a Charter Member of the USA Women's Underwater
      Rugby Team.
    • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2003
        And as we need to enter the team ASAP (as in last week), make that decision
        quickly. Denmark has reduced the entry fee for us 'far away' teams - comes to
        about $130 each. Entry fee higher for rugby as they support their referees to
        worlds. Otherwise, costs about same as WC hockey but much shorter tournament
        - less cost for accommodation time - 7 days only.

        You do have to get to Denmark of course. Fly to Copenhagen, take train about
        2 hours. Have to have team suits, but I think they are solid color - deep
        blue and white - I don't remember nationals colors from '99. Water polo caps
        with numbers required. We'll likely have some sort of shirt and/or jacket a
        la hockey - in '99 had polo shirts, denim shirt and jacket.

        We had a great time, even while getting beat, in 1999, so come along! and get
        back to Miata now now now. Yes, your house mother is going.