Hockey Dues

  • Karen McDowell
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003
      Hi Everyone!

      Just to make things easier, I decided to make the monthly hockey dues $50/month (unless we have a bunch of cancellations). The rate has always occellated around that amount anyway, it will just be eaiser to keep it at one rate. Remember if you pay the monthly rate you will be credited if you don't show up at least 10 times.

      Unfortunately, I won't be around much to collect the money over the next few weeks because my knuckle got sliced open last night. I won't be able to get in the water for two weeks, then I probably won't play for few more weeks so I don't smash it open again (unless I want to play lefty).

      Anyway, while I am gone, we need to make sure that we keep good track of who shows up. Yori, MoJo, Sue, Doug and others have been very good a making lists when I haven't been there, but we have still missed a few nights. When we do this we lose money. I gave the "hockey box" to Doug last night, and I know Yori has copies of the team list, so we should be set - BUT PLEASE make sure a list gets taken. If not, I can't collect money from anyone, but we still have to pay for the pool. It's better to have two lists than none. If you do take a list please mark the day (Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday), the date, and the names of the people who attended.

      If you would like to pay while I am gone, you can give to the money to Yori or Doug and have them mark it down on the list, or you can just wait until I return.

      Cheers,

      Karen

      Only $9.95 per month!
      Visit www.juno.com
    • Mary Jo Ferris
      Message 2 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003
        Hmmmmm...another hockey player bites the dust for a
        few weeks. Yikes! We are dropping like flies!

        I was wondering, with all of the people out of town on
        Sunday for the TX tournament, how many people were
        planning to play hockey on Sunday?

        Please chime in if you are planning to be there on
        Sunday. The more the merrier, as they say.

        mojo
        --- Karen McDowell <karenhart1@...> wrote:
        > Hi Everyone!
        >
        > Just to make things easier, I decided to make the
        > monthly hockey dues $50/month (unless we have a
        > bunch of cancellations). The rate has always
        > occellated around that amount anyway, it will just
        > be eaiser to keep it at one rate. Remember if you
        > pay the monthly rate you will be credited if you
        > don't show up at least 10 times.
        >
        > Unfortunately, I won't be around much to collect the
        > money over the next few weeks because my knuckle got
        > sliced open last night. I won't be able to get in
        > the water for two weeks, then I probably won't play
        > for few more weeks so I don't smash it open again
        > (unless I want to play lefty).
        >
        > Anyway, while I am gone, we need to make sure that
        > we keep good track of who shows up. Yori, MoJo,
        > Sue, Doug and others have been very good a making
        > lists when I haven't been there, but we have still
        > missed a few nights. When we do this we lose money.
        > I gave the "hockey box" to Doug last night, and I
        > know Yori has copies of the team list, so we should
        > be set - BUT PLEASE make sure a list gets taken. If
        > not, I can't collect money from anyone, but we still
        > have to pay for the pool. It's better to have two
        > lists than none. If you do take a list please mark
        > the day (Tuesday, Thursday, or Sunday), the date,
        > and the names of the people who attended.
        >
        > If you would like to pay while I am gone, you can
        > give to the money to Yori or Doug and have them mark
        > it down on the list, or you can just wait until I
        > return.
        >
        > Cheers,
        >
        > Karen

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
      • Francesca Hill
        Message 3 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003
          Rob will play if we have enough to confirm a scrimmage.

          >Hmmmmm...another hockey player bites the dust for a
          >few weeks. Yikes! We are dropping like flies!
          >
          >I was wondering, with all of the people out of town on
          >Sunday for the TX tournament, how many people were
          >planning to play hockey on Sunday?
          >
          >Please chime in if you are planning to be there on
          >Sunday. The more the merrier, as they say.

          mojo
          Francesca S. Hill
          Biology and Biotechnology Research Program
          Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
          7000 East Ave., L-448
          Livermore, CA 94550
          (925) 422-5687 office/voicemail
          (925) 424-3130 fax
          hill22@...
        • Carlos Encarnacion
          Message 4 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003

            I can play if there will be enough people

            Thanks

            Chuck

             Francesca Hill <hill22@...> wrote:

            Rob will play if we have enough to confirm a scrimmage.

            >Hmmmmm...another hockey player bites the dust for a
            >few weeks.  Yikes!  We are dropping like flies!
            >
            >I was wondering, with all of the people out of town on
            >Sunday for the TX tournament, how many people were
            >planning to play hockey on Sunday?
            >
            >Please chime in if you are planning to be there on
            >Sunday.  The more the merrier, as they say.

            mojo
            Francesca S. Hill
            Biology and Biotechnology Research Program
            Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
            7000 East Ave., L-448
            Livermore, CA  94550
            (925) 422-5687 office/voicemail
            (925) 424-3130 fax
            hill22@...

            Do you Yahoo!?

          • Andrea L. Arenovski
            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003
              Steve and I plan to be there.

              Andrea
              Andrea L. Arenovski, Ph.D.
              Project Coordinator
              National Decentralized Water Resources Capacity Development Project
              6167 Potrero Drive
              Newark, CA 94560
              Email: a_arenovski@...
              Office Ph: (510) 651-4200
              Facsimile: (510) 651-4700

              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 7, 2003
                From those I have spoken to, we should have enough for at least two full
                teams, probably with subs.

                See you all there

                http://mailplus.yahoo.com
              • RGray35711@aol.com
                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 9, 2003
                  Mojo,

                        Why are you offering the "kiss of death" Sunday hockey message?  You know if you send it out nobody will show except me and Yori (who may be in Texas).

                        I will be there come hell or high water.

                  Da Goze
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 14, 2003
                    Good deal Karen, thanks for keeping the money stuffs organized. Hope your
                    knuckle is getting better.

                    Duck

                    --- Karen McDowell <karenhart1@...> wrote:
                    > Hi Everyone!
                    >
                    > Just to make things easier, I decided to make the monthly hockey dues
                    > $50/month (unless we have a bunch of cancellations).

                    http://shopping.yahoo.com
                  • Karen McDowell
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 10, 2003
                      Hi Everyone!

                      I have finally figured out how much everyone owes for hockey practice. I have given all of the totals to Doug. Please bring your check books or cash so we can get everyone caught up on their dues. If you owe money (which most people do), it would be nice if you put in an extra $50 (or $20 if you don't show up often) so you can pay for some of your practices in November and December. You can make out your checks to "Club Puck." I apologize for the delay, but it has been difficult to keep track of everything since I don't show up to hockey in San Jose on a regular basis anymore. Because of this Doug has been kind enough to volunteer to keep track of attendance and collect money for hockey practice.

                      THANKS DOUG! I have to say after about 5 years of doing this, it is nice to not have to write down everyone's name after every practice. Thanks again to Rich and Dorothy who did this job before I did. And thanks to Yori, Sue, Crosby, Goodrich, Steve S. and the many others who wrote down names when I wasn't at practice!

                      Here is a summary of everyone's duties:

                      Doug:
                      Collect money and write down names for practice.

                      Karen:
                      Deposit checks/cash, keep track of checking account, send in our monthly totals to the SJSU pool manager, and pay invoices.

                      Kendall:
                      Coodinates practice time with pool manager (i.e. sends in cancellations, etc.)

                      Everyone else:
                      1) If Doug is not at practice make sure someone writes down the names of the people who showed up and the date. Even if Doug is there you might want to ask him if he wants help. If we don't get a list then we can't collect (which means the Club loses money).
                      2) Try to pay in advance or pay each night you show up. It is much more work for the collector to have to go back several months to figure out how much people owe (and to go back and fill it all in once that person pays).
                      3) The monthly fee is still $50 unless otherwise noted. If you pay your $50 in advance and you show up less than 10x (i.e only 8 times on Tue & Th - $5 x 8 = $40), then you will be credited the extra money (i.e. $10) for the next month.

                      I'm sure if Doug has any other preference, that he will send them out to the group.

                      Kendall/Doug - we should start looking into the practice schedule for Thanksgiving and Christmas. (FYI - Chris and I will not be around for the Thankgiving time period).

                      Cheers,

                      Karen

                      Surf the web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
                    • Jason Zvanut
                      Message 10 of 13 , Nov 20, 2003
                        hey karen, how do i make out re: the moolah? i think
                        i am somewhere near breakeven, but have no basis for
                        that idea. i can mail a check as necessary.

                        see you monday,
                        jason

                        Free Pop-Up Blocker - Get it now
                        http://companion.yahoo.com/
                      • Jason Zvanut
                        Message 11 of 13 , Nov 20, 2003
                          hey karen, how do i make out re: the moolah? thanks
                          for doing the homework, because i have NO idea when my
                          last $48 broke off. see you monday!

                          jason

                        • PETER TAYLOR
                          Message 12 of 13 , Nov 22, 2003
                            Hi Folks,

                            Hope all is well with everyone.

                            Karen,

                            I believe I have a balance due. Could you confirm
                            this for me? I will send you a check...eventually.

                            Thanks.

                            =====
                            PETER TAYLOR
                            OAKLAND, CA

                            http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree
                          • Madeleine Rive
                            Message 13 of 13 , Dec 9, 2003

                              Hi Karen,

                              Hope your vacation was fun!

                              I would like to let you know that you did not deposit the second check.  That been said we are ok =)

                              Madeleine