acting as messenger for LA player

  • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003
      Carol, could you please forward this. Since I'm not subscribed to Club
      Puck's list, my message bounced back.

      Thanks!

      From: steve.herbert@...

      Date: 2003/02/02 Sun PM 06:44:41 PST

      To: clubpuck@egroups.com

      Subject: Coming to San Jose March 8

      Fellow Hockey-ites...

      I orgainize the fledgling u/w hockey group in Los Angeles & will be coming up
      on

      March 8th for a day of diving politics with Carol Rose & company for the

      Conference of California (Dive) Councils as a representative of the LA
      Council.

      The wife & I will be driving up for a mini get away Friday and are thinking
      of

      staying Sunday for (among other things) me to join you in your Sunday
      practice.

      Carol suggested I write you to find out any recommendations on where to stay
      or

      where to stay away from hotel wise when we come up. We're not looking for

      anything fancy...just clean and safe place. If you have any ideas, please
      write

      me at steve.herbert@....

      Thanks!!!

      -=Steve
    • Carlos Encarnacion
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2003

        Dear Everyone at Club Puck,

        Being the new guy to the club and the sport - I would just like to take time to thank everyone at Club Puck for welcoming me and letting me play! ALL OF YOU GUYS HAVE BEEN REALLY GREAT AND FRIENDLY and I certainly appreciate the patience and guidance the club has been giving me.

        As most of you know, I played for a year in the Philippines and I arrived at the Bay Area last August. I started playing on and off with you guys September but was only able to consistently play UHockey starting this Jan. when I started working for a non-profit organization doing housing and urban development projects in Oakland and San Francisco.

        I would also like TO SAY THANK YOU TO THE SAN FRANCISCO SEA LIONS who also welcomed me to their practices.

        The encouragement and teaching I get from everyone is really fantastic. I consider myself very lucky to be playing with you guys - thanks again and see you guys at the pool!

        Chuck Encarnacion

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • RGray35711@aol.com
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003
          Chuck,

                Our pleasure to have you here!

          Da Goze
        • Chris McDowell
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 3, 2003

            Chuck,

            Not to be confused with the other Chuck - a former UW Hockey player from San Francisco, who was often heard uttering the phrase, "...and DON'T call me Chuckles!" during our forays to Santa Rosa for UW Hockey, lo' those many years ago - it is our pleasure to have you here.

            Keep playing defense like you have been, and your nickname will soon be Chuck "D"!

            -- Cliff

            p.s.  See the movie Ghost Busters for any references that specifically are signed by Da Goze (aka Gozer the Gozerian).  In time, all will be revealed...

            Do you Yahoo!?
          • Jason Zvanut
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 4, 2003
              All,

              I would like to second Chuck's sentiment in that UWH
              players have to be some of the friendliest people on
              earth!! Ever since I started playing in SF, and on my
              recent trip to SJ, everyone has made me feel welcome
              and has done their best to make a player out of
              me...(keep trying ;)

              Thanks to everyone who makes this game so great!

              jason zvanut
              san francisco

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • RGray35711@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 5, 2003
                In a message dated 2/4/2003 10:13:54 PM Pacific Standard Time, jzvanut@... writes:

                All,

                I would like to second Chuck's sentiment in that UWH
                players have to be some of the friendliest people on
                earth!!  Ever since I started playing in SF, and on my
                recent trip to SJ, everyone has made me feel welcome
                and has done their best to make a player out of
                me...(keep trying ;)

                Thanks to everyone who makes this game so great!

                jason zvanut
                san francisco

                Jason,

                      Just give us a chance.... we'll disappoint you somehow!!  I can't tell you how many times I have been stabbed in the back by my alledged friend, Chris (Clavin) McDowell.  (Of course it was underwater and he was "stabbing" me with his fin.)

                Da Goze