Super Sunday Hockey

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
      It has been decided that everyone who wants to play has to be at the pool.
      The pool will open at 10:30. Get there at that time. I hesitate telling
      you this part because I know the result of it, but here goes anyway. Since
      we will be the first ones to the pool, we will be removing the covers. I
      know this sets up for people to come later and not participate in setting
      up the pool. So, Be there to help set up or you may be waiting to play.

      For those heading down from the baby shower, I'm sure a little leeway will
      be acceptable. But Chris, don't be late because you stopped in for coffee
      and had to tell the guy behind the counter a short (30 min.) story.

      See you all at the pool or Dan's

      Duck

      Monika asks if a pink fat cat is faster than a regular cat. Anyone have an answer?

      http://mailplus.yahoo.com
    • sshephard1 <sshephard1@yahoo.com>
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
        Faster pussycats are generally faster than slower pussycats.
        Steve

        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
          Correction:

          > It has been decided that everyone who wants to play has to be at the
          > pool.

          Actually, you can want as much as you like without being at the pool. But,
          if you are to play, then you have to be at the pool. Sorry for confusing
          some of you.

          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        • ms
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 24, 2003
            Jodie Sutton is probably pink underneath and, as
            recent visitors to Casa Sanchez can attest, she's not
            faster than anyone - certainly not as compared to my
            quite regular cats.

            Does this help, Monika?

            --ms;)

            > Monika asks if a pink fat cat is faster than a
            > regular cat. Anyone have an answer?

            http://mailplus.yahoo.com
          • Rich Gray
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 27, 2015
              We will have Super Sunday Hockey at 11am at LGHS on February 1.

              It will be fun.

              You should come.

              You should also come play hockey.

              In honor of this American tradition and in the spirit of the NFL, and in the spirit of bass-akwards UWH, I would like all wives and girlfriends to start beating their husbands and boyfriends.  If you are in a same-sex relationship just flip a coin.

              Goze
            • Bob Burres
              Message 6 of 8 , Jan 31, 2015
                Due to the recent chatter regarding tomorrow's big game we have hired the world famous polling company of Dewey, Cheatem, and Howe to tell us what to expect.  Their models indicate that we should see a huge turnout with almost exactly half the players going white and half going black.  They also expect to see an uptick in the ever important SLOW demographic.  This demographic group is the key to the outcome.

                Since we rely so heavily on this group we have made the unprecedented move of altering the normal first come first served nature of the hockey community, giving the SLOW folks special consideration.  All SLOW folks may move directly to the front of the line when entering the pool.  Yes, as people are waiting around for the gates to open, you may cut right past and take your position in the front of the line.

                Don't miss this perhaps once in a lifetime opportunity to be first into the pool.

              • Bob Burres
                Message 7 of 8 , Feb 3, 2015
                  I didn't feel the need to have a write up after Sunday's hockey, because I thought everyone in the Bay Area was at the game.  But I was reminded that perhaps not everyone was there.  We had 24 players and split into 2 full games.  It was a perfect day and almost everyone showed up on time, or reasonably close.  Miles remains on aloha time, but who can blame him.  We quickly got two courts set up and split teams.  Thanks Rich, nice to have you back.

                  Mojo made an encore appearance and her playing is exceeding the hype.  Hard to believe I know, but true.  And Josh returned!  He claims he hasn't played hockey, or slept, for six months.  I call BS, at least on the hockey part.  I think he's been in a secret training program over in China.  And Mr. Semans showed up with his lovely daughter, both of whom were kicking butt.  Scott said he needed to train for PCC's in September.  At his age that consists of one day of hockey with a 4 week recovery phase, but he does plan on doubling his workouts the month before the tournament.

                  I must say though Scott is training harder than Michael Smith, who was glaringly absent from the festivities.  Jen said something about him being out till all hours pre-celebrating the Superbowl, but not to say anything.  So Jen, I promise, I won't give Michael any crap for missing hockey due to a hangover.  He always seems like such a quiet guy, who'd of thunk?

                  So that's the wrap.  If you were one of the few folks who missed practice, well too bad.

                  Don't forget, hockey again tomorrow at 8:00.

                • Michael S Smith
                  Message 8 of 8 , Feb 8, 2015
                    We're bringing sexy back today at practice folks.

                    Try to remain calm.

                    Michael

                    Sent from my iPhone