Club Puck Cowboy Casual Christmas party update #3

  • PETER TAYLOR
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 6, 2002
      All y'all know that this hoedown is a potluck, right?

      Now let me explain what a hoedown is. It means that
      you put your "hoe down" in the field, take a bath,
      whether you need it or not, and come and have fun.
      This is different than a showdown. At a showdown, you
      bring your shooting iron and nobody has fun. At a
      "'ho down" you... Oh never mind.

      Just remember that this is a potluck hoedown and you
      should bring the vittles that you have a hankerin for.
      So far we have:
      1 Green bean cassarole and some mulled wine
      1 Jello salad
      1 salad, fruit or vegetable
      1 green salad, rice and some snacks
      My personal favorite, lots of ceasar salad
      1 small smoked turkey
      salsa fresca y chips

      Please let me know if you're coming and what vittles
      you're bringing. If you don't already have them,
      directions are below.

      =====
      PETER TAYLOR
      OAKLAND, CA

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 7, 2002
        Mr. Pete Hoe Down-

        The Fishes will bring potato type vittles...

        mo jo hoe down

        http://mailplus.yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 7, 2002
          I'm a lookin' fer me great grandpappy's recipe fer buzzard gizzard soup.
          Ifen I kin find it, I'll be fixin' up a heap load (at least a ten-gallon
          hat size pot). Ifen not, I'll bring a desert of sorts.

          Buffalo Duck

        • ms
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 7, 2002
            --- Doug Roth <duckroth@...> wrote:
            > hat size pot). Ifen not, I'll bring a desert of
            > sorts.
            >
            > Buffalo Duck

            Would that be a Sahara or a Mojave?

            Pardner Pete,
            I'll bake up a big loaf or two of homemade bread,
            maybe a savory for dinner and a sweet for breakfast?
            Probably a spread, too.

            --mollysue;)

            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
              --- ms <theh2obaby@...> wrote:

              > --- Doug Roth <duckroth@...> wrote:
              > > hat size pot). Ifen not, I'll bring a desert of
              > > sorts.
              > >
              > > Buffalo Duck
              >
              > Would that be a Sahara or a Mojave?

              With my vast culinary expertise, it will probably be something close to
              the Sahara.

              http://mailplus.yahoo.com
            • Dan McKinley
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
                I'll bring some ahi to sear for pupus. Pete make sure there is plenty of
                bait for the ceasar.

                Dan McKinley
                Scientific Equipment Repair
                http://www.scientific-equipment.com
                650 938-3169 FAX 650 390-9758
              • bandjb1@msn.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
                  Count Julie and I in on the Festivities.
                  What kinda sissy cowboys gonna eat Poo Poo?
                  I guess Ill rustle up some animal flavored vittles.

                  Brian Tucker

                • Francesca Hill
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
                    Did someone say "ahi?" I LOVE ahi!!! Pupu or no pupu! I'll have
                    Brian's share!

                    Frankie

                    At 10:33 AM -0800 12/9/02, Dan McKinley wrote:

                    >I'll bring some ahi to sear for pupus. Pete make sure there is plenty of
                    >bait for the ceasar.
                    Francesca S. Hill
                    Biology and Biotechnology Research Program
                    Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
                    7000 East Ave., L-448
                    Livermore, CA 94550
                    (925) 422-5687 office/voicemail
                    (925) 424-3130 fax
                    hill22@...
                  • Brigit Grimm
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
                      Am I a sissy cowboy if I refuse to eat Poo Poo?

                      > Count Julie and I in on the Festivities.
                      > What kinda sissy cowboys gonna eat Poo Poo?
                      > I guess Ill rustle up some animal flavored vittles.
                      >
                      > Brian Tucker

                    • Brigit Grimm
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 9, 2002
                        I don't even like fish!! So Poo Poo is gonna be worse! Bring on the candy
                        instead!

                        Todd

                      • RGray35711@aol.com
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 10, 2002
                          In a message dated 12/9/2002 3:29:52 PM Pacific Standard Time, bandjb1@... writes:

                          Count Julie and I in on the Festivities.
                          What kinda sissy cowboys gonna eat Poo Poo?
                          I guess Ill rustle up some animal flavored vittles.

                          Brian Tucker

                          Brian,

                                Who is "Count Julie"?  Is that somebody like "Count Dracula"?

                          Da Goze
                        • PETER TAYLOR
                          Message 12 of 23 , Dec 11, 2002
                            Gotcha. Thanks.
                            --- RGray35711@... wrote:
                            > Standard Time,
                            > bandjb1@... writes:
                            >

                            > > Count Julie and I in on the Festivities.
                            > > What kinda sissy cowboys gonna eat Poo Poo?
                            > > I guess Ill rustle up some animal flavored
                            > vittles.
                            > >
                            > > Brian Tucker
                            > >

                            > Brian,
                            >
                            > Who is "Count Julie"? Is that somebody like
                            > "Count Dracula"?
                            >
                            > Da Goze

                            =====
                            PETER TAYLOR
                            OAKLAND, CA

                            Message 13 of 23 , Dec 11, 2002
                              Nope!

                              Message 14 of 23 , Dec 11, 2002
                                Real, non-sissified cowboys will eat Poo Poo jerky,
                                however!

                                Message 15 of 23 , Dec 11, 2002
                                  Gotcha. There'll be plenty in, and on the side.

                                  --- Dan McKinley <danmck@...>

                                  === message truncated ===

                                  =====
                                  PETER TAYLOR
                                  OAKLAND, CA

                                  http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                                • PETER TAYLOR
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                    Mollysue. Now that's a real cowgirl's name! And
                                    you're bringing a savory and a sweet... weee doggies,
                                    this is gonna be some hoedown!

                                    --- ms <theh2obaby@...> wrote:

                                    > --- Doug Roth <duckroth@...> wrote:
                                    > > hat size pot). Ifen not, I'll bring a desert of
                                    > > sorts.
                                    > >
                                    > > Buffalo Duck
                                    >
                                    > Would that be a Sahara or a Mojave?
                                    >
                                    > Pardner Pete,
                                    > I'll bake up a big loaf or two of homemade bread,
                                    > maybe a savory for dinner and a sweet for breakfast?
                                    > Probably a spread, too.
                                    >
                                    > --mollysue;)

                                    > now.
                                    > http://mailplus.yahoo.com

                                    =====
                                    PETER TAYLOR
                                    OAKLAND, CA

                                    http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                                  • PETER TAYLOR
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                      Gotcha. Dessert will be good, but I'm kinda partial to
                                      buzzard gizzard soup,though. A good buzzard gizzard
                                      soup is hard ta beat.

                                      === message truncated ===

                                      =====
                                      PETER TAYLOR
                                      OAKLAND, CA

                                      Message 18 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                        Gotha. Thanks.

                                        Message 19 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                          Here is the new vittle list with directions to the
                                          Hoedown in Oaktown below it.

                                          > 1 Green bean cassarole and some mulled wine
                                          > 1 Jello salad
                                          > 1 salad, fruit or vegetable
                                          > 1 green salad, rice and some snacks
                                          > My personal favorite, lots of ceasar salad
                                          > 1 small smoked turkey
                                          > salsa fresca y chips
                                          1 potato dish
                                          1 eggplant parmesan or smoked chicken pasta
                                          Some, seared ahi
                                          Poo Poo jerky
                                          I also heardtell of a pie or two and maybe one other
                                          dessert. Y'all better get busy with some sweets or
                                          you'll be sharing a sugar-free apple pie with me!

                                          I also heardtell about some rain coming this weekend.
                                          Now my horses will stand out in the rain like they
                                          don't have good sense, but I won't. Stand out in the
                                          rain, I mean. So rain will cancel the horseback
                                          riding and we'll have to switch to indoor activities.
                                          Maybe the kids will have to settle for "Yori-back"
                                          riding instead.

                                          Weee doggies, this is gonna be some fun.

                                          =====
                                          PETER TAYLOR
                                          OAKLAND, CA

                                          http://mailplus.yahoo.com
                                        • sstanley@asap.com
                                          Message 20 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                            We will bring a chocolate cake

                                            Susan Banks
                                            Regional Manager
                                            510-608-6960
                                            sbanks@...

                                            PETER TAYLOR
                                            <pwtiii@... To: PETER TAYLOR <pwtiii@...>, clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                                            > cc:
                                            Subject: [clubpuck] Club Puck Cowboy Casual Christmas party update #4
                                            12/12/02 12:28 AM
                                            Please respond to
                                            clubpuck

> [...]

                                            > > - Cell phones generally don't work in this
                                            > > neighborhood.
                                            > > - If you go too far on Golf Links, you'll run into
                                            > > the
                                            > > golf course
                                            > > (hence the name of the
                                            > > street). If you are arriving during party time,
                                            > the
                                            > > course will be
                                            > > closed so you'll have to
                                            > > make a U-turn. Park. Walk to the open gate.
                                            > > You're
                                            > > there.
                                            > > - If you pass a fire station, you're no longer on
                                            > > Golf
                                            > > Links.
                                            > > Immediately, make a right
                                            > > turn onto Glen Manor. Make the next right turn
                                            > onto
                                            > > Sun Valley. Make
                                            > > the next right
                                            > > turn onto Golf Links. Park. Walk to the open

                                            =====
                                            PETER TAYLOR
                                            OAKLAND, CA

                                          • John Goodrich
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Dec 12, 2002
                                              Pete,

                                              We will not to be able to make your Hoe Down, sounds like fun. Since it is
                                              a Christmas Party I thought I could at least say Have A Merry Christmas Cow
                                              Poke style.

                                              John & Dee
                                            • PETER TAYLOR
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Dec 16, 2002
                                                Hi John and Dee,

                                                Thanks for the thought and right back at cha! Sorry
                                                you didn't make it, but we had so much fun that we'll
                                                be doing another one this spring or summer.

                                                --- John Goodrich <jagaman@...> wrote:
                                                > Pete,
                                                >
                                                > We will not to be able to make your Hoe Down,
                                                > sounds like fun. Since it is
                                                > a Christmas Party I thought I could at least say
                                                > Have A Merry Christmas Cow
                                                > Poke style.
                                                >
                                                > John & Dee

                                                =====