[clubpuck] Sport Court Musings from Da Goze

  • RGray35711@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Oct 4, 1999
      I've been fooling around with several ideas for repairing the sport court.
      The one I like best so far involves sewing the tiles together with some nylon
      cord using the special "Da Goze" stitch. Rob P. was assisting me this Sunday
      and he seemed to think it would work. The cost is minimal but the time is
      not.

      I could do a much better job if I had a tank. Could some dive dude bring one
      this Thursday night (around 6:30 if possible). It's really a one person job
      (although a second person hanging around is nice). I would also like to
      teach the patented "Da Goze" stitch to some other people in order to spread
      the fun around. Besides the "stitch" there are a few other details and
      pieces of equipment that one needs in order to keep from getting really
      scraped.

      If we did a tank a night we could probably repair everything in a couple of
      weeks.

      Da Goze

      PS If you have any better ideas you are most welcome to try them out ......
      yourself. Advice has been plentiful, action has been lacking, seize the
      moment!!!
    • PETER TAYLOR
      Message 2 of 8 , Oct 5, 1999
        Rich,

        I got your message. I am going to try to remember to
        bring a couple of tanks and regs on Thur. If you
        could, would you call me and leave a message to that
        effect on Wed. so that I will put the stuff in my car.
        My number is 510.568.3892.

        Thanks,

        --- RGray35711@... wrote:
        > I've been fooling around with several ideas for
        > repairing the sport court.
        > The one I like best so far involves sewing the tiles
        > together with some nylon
        > cord using the special "Da Goze" stitch. Rob P. was
        > assisting me this Sunday
        > and he seemed to think it would work. The cost is
        > minimal but the time is
        > not.
        >
        > I could do a much better job if I had a tank. Could
        > some dive dude bring one
        > this Thursday night (around 6:30 if possible). It's
        > really a one person job
        > (although a second person hanging around is nice).
        > I would also like to
        > teach the patented "Da Goze" stitch to some other
        > people in order to spread
        > the fun around. Besides the "stitch" there are a
        > few other details and
        > pieces of equipment that one needs in order to keep
        > from getting really
        > scraped.
        >
        > If we did a tank a night we could probably repair
        > everything in a couple of
        > weeks.
        >
        > Da Goze
        >
        > PS If you have any better ideas you are most welcome
        > to try them out ......
        > yourself. Advice has been plentiful, action has
        > been lacking, seize the
        > moment!!!

        =====
        PETER TAYLOR
        OAKLAND, CA

      • doug roth
        Message 3 of 8 , Oct 5, 1999
          Hey Rich

          If this helps could you teach the stitch on deck or is it only an U/W thang. you know I'd be down there helping myself, except that myself is not down there.

          Take it easy and don't rush it because you got your second opinion on an engineering matter from a pastry chef.

          I gotta get down there soon
          Duck

          ---
          Doug Roth
          dougroth@...
          http://www.chickpages.com/roadtrips/dougroth

          On Tue, 5 Oct 1999 00:55:12 RGray35711 wrote:
          >I've been fooling around with several ideas for repairing the sport court.
          >The one I like best so far involves sewing the tiles together with some nylon
          >cord using the special "Da Goze" stitch. Rob P. was assisting me this Sunday
          >and he seemed to think it would work. The cost is minimal but the time is
          >not.
          >
          >I could do a much better job if I had a tank. Could some dive dude bring one
          >this Thursday night (around 6:30 if possible). It's really a one person job
          >(although a second person hanging around is nice). I would also like to
          >teach the patented "Da Goze" stitch to some other people in order to spread
          >the fun around. Besides the "stitch" there are a few other details and
          >pieces of equipment that one needs in order to keep from getting really
          >scraped.
          >
          >If we did a tank a night we could probably repair everything in a couple of
          >weeks.
          >
          >Da Goze
          >
          >PS If you have any better ideas you are most welcome to try them out ......
          >yourself. Advice has been plentiful, action has been lacking, seize the
          >moment!!!

          ***********************************
          chickclick.com
          http://www.chickclick.com
          girl sites that don't fake it.
          http://www.chickmail.com
          sign up for your free email.
          ***********************************
        • RGray35711@aol.com
          Message 4 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
            Duck,

            Why heck I'll just show "the Goze stitch" to you now, that way you never
            have to show up. Tie off one end, go up then down near the edge of one tile,
            cross under the tile border, go up then down near the edge of the adjacent
            tile, pull tight, move 6 inches down the line and repeat. Oh yeah, you must
            breathe in there somewhere so you do not black out, WHAT WAS I THINKING!

            Da Goze
          • RGray35711@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
              Pete,

              Thanks. I'll call that number about the tanks as soon as it's a repectable
              hour. I do not want to take a chance that someone may actually answer the
              phone at 5:30am!

              Da Goze
            • GertElein@aol.com
              Message 6 of 8 , Oct 6, 1999
                To fix the tiles at the ends of the pool:
                I looked at the underside of the tiles: It looks as it would fit in a
                'lego'-stile plastic stripes with two rows of holes. We would need a few
                hundreds of them, each approximately 2 inch long, 1 inch wide with two rows
                of approx.15 small holes. The advantage would be, that it will fuse the set
                of heavy stressed tiles w/o disturbing the smooth surface on the top. It may
                also be very fast to fit the tiles into the stripes with the holes. The
                disadvantage would be the cost.
                Let's try the low cost solution first.

                Gert
              • HUYNH,YORI (HP-Cupertino,ex1)
                Message 7 of 8 , Oct 7, 1999
                  Rich,

                  Since I really can't play hockey because of my banged-up wrist,
                  I'll bring an extra tank to help out.

                  -yo

                  Message 8 of 8 , Oct 8, 1999
                    Thanks Rich

                    It has been a long time, I may have forgotten that breathing is essential. But now that Gert has chimed in I'm more concerned about the confusion all this is bringing. Perhaps Uncle T can step in to adjust it.

                    Duck
                    ---

                    On Wed, 6 Oct 1999 08:54:08 RGray35711 wrote:
                    >Duck,
                    >
                    > Why heck I'll just show "the Goze stitch" to you now, that way you never
                    >have to show up. Tie off one end, go up then down near the edge of one tile,
                    >cross under the tile border, go up then down near the edge of the adjacent
                    >tile, pull tight, move 6 inches down the line and repeat. Oh yeah, you must
                    >breathe in there somewhere so you do not black out, WHAT WAS I THINKING!
                    >
                    >Da Goze

                    chickclick.com
                    http://www.chickclick.com
                    girl sites that don't fake it.