[clubpuck] Re: UWH association AGMs and postal votes

  • CROSEUSOA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 1999
      USOA is organized differently than other nations playing uw hockey which is
      why Greg is confused (this time)
      Carol

      In a message dated 9/27/99 11:13:43 AM, Gmau38732@... writes:

      << Hockeyheads,

      Am I the only person on hockeynet that has no idea what this person is
      talking about???

      Chairman

      In a message dated 9/24/99 12:54:01 AM, khwaterhouse@... wrote:

      <<Hi

      Has anybody got a solution for the annual problem of low turnout at the
      annual AGM and hence a relatively small group with particular interests
      driving any actions and setting the budgets. The idea of allowing postal
      votes has been raised several times, one argument against this is that
      people will just raise any contentious issues in "any other business".
      Another idea was to have the AGM the day after the national championships,
      but I am not sure how succcessful this was. Many of our large
      organisations seem to manage OK eg building societies so there must be some
      way of controlling this problem.

      How do you people with a much more geographically distributed membership
      manage it?

      Regards Colin