Thursday Drill

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
      Hello All

      The drill for tonight will be the circle passing drill.

      Circles of 5-6 people. (or whatever number works)
      Pass the puck around the circle.
      Stay down until the person you passed to, passes to someone else because
      it may come right back to you. Only pass to one of the two people next to
      you. No cross-circle passing.

      Passes to work on during this drill:
      Regular flick
      Inside flick (even if you have one of those big hook sticks)
      Ethiopian.

      Ways to position your body (we will split the time half out, half in):
      Fins pointing to outside of circle
      Fins pointing to inside of circle.

      As an added bonus you can also work on your drop-dive (formerly known as
      kelp-dive) and your duck-dive.

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 18, 2002
        Hi All

        Tonight's drill is passbacks. First, from a stationary position, then
        while moving.

        We will use a bit of Thursday's techniques with a little batting the puck
        down and then shooting.

        Partner up with someone and pass a puck back and forth.

        If it comes to you while sliding, use Tuesday's One-Timer technique to
        pass it back.

        If it comes to you off the bottom, bat it down, get it under control, and
        pass it back.

        Once you have gotten that down, you may start to move while you do it.
        But, be sure you have the ability to regularly do it from a stationary
        position before starting the moving portion. If you are ready to move,
        start slow. The object is to learn the technique, not to go so fast that
        you can't.

        Good Luck.

        Doug

        http://taxes.yahoo.com/