Thanks For The Memories

  • John Goodrich
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2001

      I will be removing my name from the group mailing list shortly but before I do

      I would like to say.

      Thanks for the memories, it has been great playing and traveling and partying and just being around the great group of people who hang out underwater after work.

      The players at club puck have always treated me & my family like family and I would like to say thanks to all and everyone from each of us. Since I have moved to Mendocino my playing time has really been limited, I hope to come back and play sometimes but I most likely will never be a regular again, or enjoy the opportunity to travel with club puck.

      For the people trying out for the worlds team, good luck, I hope you strike like lightning  and hit like thunder.

      I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

      John & Dee Goodrich

      18550 Hare Creek Terrace

      Fort Bragg, Ca. 95437

      Phone 707-962-0220

      Email: jagaman@...

    • Scott Tucker
      Message 2 of 8 , Nov 29, 2001
        John,
        Sad to see you go... If you still have the hockey itch, contact Dr. Rick McMillen, one of the only 3 dental surgeons in Fort Bragg, he is one of the big guys in the building/funding of the Mendocino Coast Aquatic Center. He seemed interested in having the pool built in such a way as to be hockey friendly if we could convince them of an annual Fort Bragg tournament... kind of a long shot due to the distance from civilization... but well stranger things have happened.
        Keep in touch
        -S

        >>> jagaman@... 11/29/01 03:40PM >>>
[...]

        Because access to receiving equipment is not under our
        control, Sequoia Analytical cannot be responsible for the
        confidentiality of electronically transmitted data unless
        prior arrangements have been made.
      • PETER TAYLOR
        Message 3 of 8 , Nov 29, 2001
          John and Dee,

          Good luck and much happiness in your new location.
          Hope we can at least dive together some day.

          Take care.

          --- John Goodrich <jagaman@...> wrote:
          > I will be removing my name from the group mailing
          > list shortly but before I do
          >
          > I would like to say.
          >

          > Thanks for the memories, it has been great playing
          > and traveling and partying and just being around the
          > great group of people who hang out underwater after
          > work.
          >

          > The players at club puck have always treated me & my
          > family like family and I would like to say thanks to
          > all and everyone from each of us. Since I have moved
          > to Mendocino my playing time has really been
          > limited, I hope to come back and play sometimes but
          > I most likely will never be a regular again, or
          > enjoy the opportunity to travel with club puck.
          >

          > For the people trying out for the worlds team, good
          > luck, I hope you strike like lightning and hit like
          > thunder.
          >

          > I wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New
          > Year.
          >

          > John & Dee Goodrich
          >
          > 18550 Hare Creek Terrace
          >
          > Fort Bragg, Ca. 95437
          >
          > Phone 707-962-0220
          >
          > Email: jagaman@...

          =====
          PETER TAYLOR
          OAKLAND, CA

          http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
        • Sambhav Sankar
          Message 4 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
            Now that I'm 3000 miles away from all of you, I have some idea of
            what it means to say goodbye to the hockey family. John, thanks for
            always being the guy with heart and good cheer, whether the team was
            winning or losing, the game fast or slow, and the water cold or just
            plain freezing. I'll never forget your play during a game in
            Victoria between our B-team and Vancouver: we played the wall game
            and I think every Vancouver player learned to fear you. We were all
            pretty sure we were going to lose, but you gave the same effort as
            always--110%--and kept those guys (and us) honest. I was in awe.

            Good luck up there in the North.

            --sam

            =====
            Sambhav "Sam" Sankar
            Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

            http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
          • RGray35711@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
              Dear departed John,

                    This is just a touch melodramatic for Da Goze.  Removing your name from the list is too extreme.  Did you move to a new town or a different planet?

                    I suggest we disallow John's request to remove his name from the list.  He should remain informed of hockey trivia for his own best interest.  He must be out of his mind.  Maybe we could get him declared a "ward of the UWhockey state".  We must protect him from himself!

              Da Goze
            • PETER TAYLOR
              Message 6 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
                I agree with Da Goze. Being on the list is the only
                method to maintain one's sanity when so far away from
                actual play.

                =====
                PETER TAYLOR
                OAKLAND, CA

                http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
              • Chris McDowell
                Message 7 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
                  Dear Chuck,

                  ("My name is John. John Goodrich.")

                  Yeah, whatever.

                  Listen, Chuck, I know it's normal to get a little melancholy when
                  it's raining. Heck, all REAL MEN get melancholy when it rains. Ken
                  Kesey, a REAL MAN, wrote One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest when he
                  lived where? That's right, baby, Oregon. Lotsa rain. Melancholy
                  Town, U.S.A. I used to live there, probably my only qualification
                  for being a REAL MAN. But I digress.

                  Being CHARLES BRONSON is certainly no easy task, and no one would
                  expect you to NOT get melancholy. I expected some kind of melancholy
                  letter when the rain began, but a complete removal from THE LIST!
                  And then all of the Dear John letters began...it's TOO MUCH, I tell
                  you! What are we going to do without you?

                  So, in the spirit of the Holidays, I've created a series of special
                  bracelets, key chains, T-shirts, cell-phone sleeves, holiday cards,
                  water polo head gear and cold drink insulators...all with the logo,
                  WWCBD? That way, when things are tough and the path in life is
                  unclear, just ask, WWCBD? -- What Would Charles Bronson Do?

                  And it works! It's unbelievable the clarity you find in your life
                  when you ask (after paying only $14.67 + tax) WWCBD?

                  Ex.: It's the second half of the match, and you're tied 2-2 with 1:30
                  on the clock. You pick up the puck on a pass from the back and ask,
                  WWCBD? Of course, the obvious answer at that point is to drop your
                  head, drive straight for the goal, grunting, "uh, uh, uh, uh..." with
                  each dolphin kick, ignoring the bodies and sticks along the gauntlet,
                  driving mightily into the goal with the game-winning shot, just
                  seconds left on the clock.

                  YUSSSSSSSSS!!!! BRONNNNN-son!! BRONNNNN-son!! BRONNNN-son!!!

                  If you gotta go, you gotta go. But at least we still have the legacy
                  of WWCBD? to remember you by.

                  Seeya, Chuck, we'll miss you on the list. Hope you have some happy
                  holidays.

                  --C. Clavin

                  p.s. (Your royalty checks will be in the mail in a few weeks.)

                  =====

                  http://geocities.yahoo.com/ps/info1
                • terrysutton@usa.net
                  Message 8 of 8 , Nov 30, 2001
                    Hey gang, relax! You forget who is the listmeister here. You think
                    John can get his name off this list? Ha!, I say. I've worked on the
                    databases of these mailing list companies. I know their secrets.

                    John, don't even think of trying to get off this list. Better yet,
                    be like Duck and don't even think!

                    And don't suppose being in Fort Bragg will keep you safe. We'll camp
                    out at some winery in a hurricane and pretend it's fun, just so you
                    can't get away.

                    Be warned. Be careful. Be Bronson!

                    Have fun,