Re: [clubpuck] Skills set between games

  • Chris McDowell
    Message 1 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
      I'm completely behind skill sets. Last Tuesday's play was
      frustrating, at best, on our side...and probably downright boring on
      the other side. Let's at least try to give each other a good
      scrimmage, even if it doesn't mean you're trying out for World's.

      My suggestions follow for skill set design ideas:

      * Proper passes and avoidance of "Square" Passes
      * REPEATS! (surfacing quickly and returning toward/into play)
      * Following every shot up...under water.
      * Proper player position with different formations: 2:3:1, 3:3, etc.
      * Player responsibilities: Forwards/Backs -- where to be at any
      given time?
      * Flood the Goal -- how about more than one person trying to score?

      Hope this is food for thought,

      --C. Clavin

      =====

      http://personals.yahoo.com
    • ms
      Message 2 of 10 , Nov 1, 2001
        Yes. How about using that time before play begins? We
        did it in West Palm and slackers who show up late or
        are uninterested in improving their skills just miss
        it. It's good warm up for wrists etc. Taking that
        break between games lets me cool down too much [yeah,
        yeah, big surprise].

        --ms;)

        --- KendallCTV@... wrote:
        > I think it's a good idea. Maybe on Sundays?
        >
        > We each pay extra for an extra half hour of
        > scrimmage on Sundays that we really don't use
        > because we don't get started on time. If we started
        > on time (4:30) then we could get in 15-20 minutes of
        > skills in the middle and still scrimmage for an hour
        > and a half. For that matter we could pick up teams
        > at 4:00 instead of 4:30 as that is when lap swim is
        > over. I can't remember why we do it the way we do.
        > Anybody that wanted to workout before that could
        > work in with the lap swimmers whenever they felt
        > like starting.
        >
        > Thoughts?

        Find a job, post your resume.
        http://careers.yahoo.com
      • sshephard1@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
          I like those suggestions Clavin.
          I think following up the shot is also good skill for us to practice.
          Another drill could be to do a regular and reverse curls along the
          bottom, then swim along the surface to the other end and touch the
          wall
          and then repeat. This way you can work towards higher energy curls.
          Anybody else?
          Steve

          Message 4 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
            It sounds good to me. Maybe we could get them started this Sunday at the
            halfway mark. Steve or Chris, do you want to design the first one? Anybody
            else want to design drills?

            Duck

            --- sshephard1@... wrote:
            > I like those suggestions Clavin.
            > I think following up the shot is also good skill for us to practice.
            > Another drill could be to do a regular and reverse curls along the
            > bottom, then swim along the surface to the other end and touch the
            > wall
            > and then repeat. This way you can work towards higher energy curls.
            > Anybody else?
            > Steve
            > --- In clubpuck@y..., Chris McDowell <McDowell_C@y...> wrote:
            > > I'm completely behind skill sets. Last Tuesday's play was
            > > frustrating, at best, on our side...and probably downright boring on
            > > the other side. Let's at least try to give each other a good
            > > scrimmage, even if it doesn't mean you're trying out for World's.
            > >
            > > My suggestions follow for skill set design ideas:
            > >
            > > * Proper passes and avoidance of "Square" Passes
            > > * REPEATS! (surfacing quickly and returning toward/into play)
            > > * Following every shot up...under water.
            > > * Proper player position with different formations: 2:3:1, 3:3, etc.
            > > * Player responsibilities: Forwards/Backs -- where to be at any
            > > given time?
            > > * Flood the Goal -- how about more than one person trying to score?
            > >

            > > Hope this is food for thought,
            > >
            > > --C. Clavin
            > >

            > > =====

            > > http://personals.yahoo.com

            Find a job, post your resume.
            http://careers.yahoo.com
          • KendallCTV@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
              How bout picking teams at 4:00 on Sundays to allow time for drills at halftime?

              kendall

              Message 6 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
                Can we get that organized?

                --- KendallCTV@... wrote:
                > How bout picking teams at 4:00 on Sundays to allow time for drills at
                > halftime?
                >
                > kendall
                >
                > > It sounds good to me. Maybe we could get them started this Sunday at
                > the
                > > halfway mark. Steve or Chris, do you want to design the first one?
                > Anybody
                > > else want to design drills?
                > >
                > > Duck
                > >

                > > --- sshephard1@... wrote:
                > > > I like those suggestions Clavin.
                > > > I think following up the shot is also good skill for us to practice.
                > > > Another drill could be to do a regular and reverse curls along the
                > > > bottom, then swim along the surface to the other end and touch the
                > > > wall
                > > > and then repeat. This way you can work towards higher energy curls.
                > > > Anybody else?
                > > > Steve
                > on

                > etc.
                > score?

                > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                Find a job, post your resume.
                http://careers.yahoo.com
              • KendallCTV@aol.com
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 7, 2001
                  > Can we get that organized?

                  All it takes is the command of our Ducktator, right?