The Coast is Clear

  • John Goodrich
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 25, 2001
      From Mendocino County today we have sunshine and blue skies, I took a hike
      along the coast this morning and the water looks great, as I hiked along the
      beach I noticed some jellyfish had been washed ashore. I looked closer in
      the water and I seen more Jellyfish in the water. They are not here all the
      time and I have never had any problems getting in the water with them, as a
      matter of fact I look forward to it and plan on diving this weekend just to
      get a closer look at them, hope to see you at Ocean Cove this weekend.

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
        Hey Bronson,

        We'll be up there as soon as we can get out of town on Friday. I'm
        psyched! It sounds like we might have to make it into the water
        before "the crack of noon" on Saturday.

        See you this weekend.

        --Chris & Karen

        =====

        http://phone.yahoo.com
      • Sambhav Sankar
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
          Hey folks,

          Don't trust Bronson. I just looked out the window. Cloudy. Windy.
          And the only water I see flows from New Jersey.

          --sam

          --- Chris McDowell <McDowell_C@...> wrote:
          > Hey Bronson,
          >
          > We'll be up there as soon as we can get out of town on Friday. I'm
          > psyched! It sounds like we might have to make it into the water
          > before "the crack of noon" on Saturday.

          =====
          Sambhav "Sam" Sankar
          Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

          http://phone.yahoo.com
        • John Goodrich
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
            It'll be good to see ya. I'll be at hockey tonight, I have to help an old
            customer on Friday and Friday evening I'll be headed back up the coast to
            pick up Dee, we will most likely spend the night in Fort Bragg and drive
            down Sat. morning, since ocean cove is only an hour away.

            > We'll be up there as soon as we can get out of town on Friday. I'm
            > psyched! It sounds like we might have to make it into the water
            > before "the crack of noon" on Saturday.
            >
            > See you this weekend.
            >
            > --Chris & Karen
            >

            > =====

          • John Goodrich
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
              This is the coast forecast Saturday 83 degrees wind 5 mph, Sunday 85
              degrees, forget the wind on Saturday what club puck brings will make that
              seem negligible.

              > Don't trust Bronson. I just looked out the window. Cloudy. Windy.
              > And the only water I see flows from New Jersey.
              >
              > --sam
              >
              > --- Chris McDowell <McDowell_C@...> wrote:
              > > Hey Bronson,
              > >
              > > We'll be up there as soon as we can get out of town on Friday. I'm
              > > psyched! It sounds like we might have to make it into the water
              > > before "the crack of noon" on Saturday.
              >

              > =====
              > Sambhav "Sam" Sankar
              > Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

            • Craig V. W. Lewis
              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
                Hmm, I'm right suspicious... the NOAA buoy
                offshore of Bodega Bay

                (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?$station=46013)

                is reporting...

                Conditions at 46013 as of
                (11:00 am PDT)
                1800 GMT on 09/27/2001:

                Wave Height (WVHT): 11.2 ft
                Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 14 sec
                Air Temperature (ATMP): 55.9 �F

                Grab onto those little snails and hold on for the
                ride.

                CVL

                http://phone.yahoo.com
              • John Goodrich
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
                  Try this one.

                  http://cdip.ucsd.edu/models/sf.gif

                  > Hmm, I'm right suspicious... the NOAA buoy
                  > offshore of Bodega Bay
                  >
                  > (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?$station=46013)
                  >
                  > is reporting...
                  >
                  > Conditions at 46013 as of
                  > (11:00 am PDT)
                  > 1800 GMT on 09/27/2001:
                  >
                  > Wave Height (WVHT): 11.2 ft
                  > Dominant Wave Period (DPD): 14 sec
                  > Air Temperature (ATMP): 55.9 °F
                  >
                  > Grab onto those little snails and hold on for the
                  > ride.
                  >
                  > CVL

                • Craig V. W. Lewis
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
                    NEVER trust a model; people like me do those things! That Buoy says
                    11' swells!! Them turn into big rollers.

                    Someone else go get snails while I hold this beer.

                    CVL

                    http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 27, 2001
                      --- John Goodrich <jagaman@...> wrote:
                      > Try this one.
                      >
                      > http://cdip.ucsd.edu/models/sf.gif

                      > > Hmm, I'm right suspicious... the NOAA buoy
                      > > offshore of Bodega Bay
                      > >
                      > > (http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov/station_page.phtml?$station=46013)
                      > >
                      > > is reporting...

                      Ignore them all. It's all Govt. conspiracy.

                      When everyone gets there it will be great whatever the water and weather
                      conditions are. What? Haven't you been there when it's raining everywhere
                      else but the sun shines on Ocean Cove.

                      Have fun up there and chase the big'n for me

                      http://phone.yahoo.com
                    • Joseph Grandov
                      Message 10 of 10 , Sep 28, 2001
                        Hey Gang. Ralph & I were up the Coast TODAY and have abs for the ceviche we
                        will be eating Saturday. I know the words the Coast is Clear coming from me
                        somehow doesn't mean quite the same after you hear the Abalone Song, but the
                        sky was a brilliant blue today and the air was warm and not too breezey.
                        There was a swell rolling thru with some umph to it but it was gone before
                        we left. There was also the promise that all would be wonderful by the
                        weekend. So Craig if you're really concerned you can catch a ride with
                        Joey-san cause I know the Coast Will be Clear.

                        !