Sundays

  • Rich Gray
    Message 1 of 16 , Jun 28, 2014
      Hi Gang,

           As you know this Sunday, 6/30 has been cancelled.  But the next Sunday, 7/6 will be early hockey at LGHS 10am to 1pm (somebody please check to see if I screwed up...)

      Goze
    • Casey Nakamura
      Message 2 of 16 , Jun 28, 2014
        I make a suggestion given the holiday weekend to pushing the bonus hockey to the following weekend and have standard hockey:
        4-6 pm on 7/6
        Thoughts? Possibly do a doodle?

        Cheers,
        Casey

            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 1, 2014

              Casey,

                    I am out of the country with a case of Chairman Mao's revenge.  I don't have the bandwidth to take care of this now.  Someone local will have to do it.  Maybe Brigit or Wendy can call the administration and change something.

                    I do not have the energy to do this remotely.

              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 1, 2014
                For those of us coming down to the bay this weekend, morning hockey would be better.

                travel home is easier in the early afternoon when everyone else is headed back to the bay from the coast and river.

                gregory

                Gregory Appling

                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 1, 2014
                  Allright Puckers - here's a Doodle to see which Sunday should be the early one - the normal July 6 or the following July 13.   If there are enough votes for July 13 I will attempt to contact the pool mgmt and see if this is even possible.  They are not always easy to get hold of quickly so PLEASE RESPOND BY TOMORROW (Weds) if you want to make yourself heard.

                  Hope you feel better Goze!  Come home soon, we miss our Sunday wrap-ups...

                  Message 8 of 16 , Jul 1, 2014
                    Guys,

                    As much as I love playing with Casey (especially on my team), I think we should only change the playing time under very special circumstances.  We all agreed to make the first Sunday of every month a morning practice, and we should stick with it unless something drastic forces us to change. Many of us move our family's schedule around so I we can make UWH practice.  Without practice time predictability and consistency it becomes much harder to do so and I think we will get less attendance in the long run.

                    See you on the bottom,

                    - Oren

                    Message 9 of 16 , Jul 2, 2014

                      Right now the Doodle is leaning toward July 6 but we haven't heard from too many of you.  Please respond BY NOON TODAY if you want to cast a vote.

                      Message 10 of 16 , Jul 2, 2014

                        The Doodle window has closed.  There weren't enough votes to make the switch so early hockey will be this Sunday, July 6.  Pool opens 10am, play starts promptly at 11.  [Bob/Brigit - time to start the betting!]

                        Message 11 of 16 , Jul 2, 2014
                          Hey, that's right, Brigit owes me a beer!

                          Care to go double or nothing?

                          To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                          From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000

                          Message 12 of 16 , Jul 2, 2014
                            You're on!  And you can even collect at the bbq, if you manage to win.  Puckers, let's get this game going on time so Bob will have to buy his own beer at the Grimm's bbq.

                            See you Sunday early!
                            Brigit

                            To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                            From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000

                              From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                              Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000

                              Message 14 of 16 , Jul 4, 2014
                                OK, it's a bet.  A game needs to start by 11:00.

                                I think you may have another tough go of it, you'll have to do some serious cheerleading.  Or maybe some serious threatening.  The trend is not going your way.

                                On Wednesday we had a fantastic game of hockey, but unfortunately it was way too short.  We had a very late start.  We had a nice turn out, and Martin even drug two new players into the game.  Yay Martin!  The good news is that most of the Wednesday group is committed to being at hockey on Sunday, and perhaps even on time.  Here's the list of tardy slackers to immortalize in the book of Excel.

                                David
                                Oren
                                Theo
                                Ron
                                Rob
                                New guy 1
                                Yori
                                Dave
                                Martin
                                Bob
                                Carlos
                                New guy 2

                                OK guys, and gals, we should have a great crowd on Sunday.  Rumor has it that Doug and Missy will be there, along with Appling, and even a few folks from San Francisco.  Get there early so you get a spot...and lets start the game at 11:01, I could use a cold beer.

                                To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com

                                From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000

                                Message 15 of 16 , Jul 4, 2014

                                  SHEEEEEEEEEEEEITTTT!  That sounds fun!

                                  From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000

                                  Message 16 of 16 , Jul 5, 2014
                                    Goze, you ever gonna come home again? :(

                                    Sent from Samsung tablet

                                    From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 19:21:34 +0000