early Sunday hockey is ON

  • Wendy Okafuji
    Message 1 of 8 , May 30 4:29 PM

      This Sunday 6/1 pool opens 10:00 a.m.; game starts 11:00 a.m.

      Thank you Karl for arranging it in Jessica's absence!!

      Everyone be sure and thank Karl's brother for doing the early lifeguard shift!!

    • Bob Burres
      Message 2 of 8 , May 30 4:34 PM
        Well Brigit, it seems as though we have early hockey again. Care to place a little wager on the time for the first strike?  Do you think you can rally the troops to show up on time?  It's not Mother's Day, so you'll have to find some other hook this month.  Let me know.

        Thanks,

        Bob Burres

        On May 30, 2014, at 4:29 PM, "Wendy Okafuji wendyok@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        This Sunday 6/1 pool opens 10:00 a.m.; game starts 11:00 a.m.

        Thank you Karl for arranging it in Jessica's absence!!

        Everyone be sure and thank Karl's brother for doing the early lifeguard shift!!

      • Brigit Grimm
        Message 3 of 8 , May 30 4:47 PM
          Oh man!  We have to try to start the game at 11am sharp, again?!  Oh yeah, we didn't have a lifeguard last time, so I guess we'd better follow through this time, huh?  I think the wager was a beer if we don't start at 11am sharp, right?  Okay, you're on.

          And for the rest of you, you've got a window of 1 hour to either actually get in a workout, warmup, hockey skills practice or socializing before we start play.  Yes, that's START play at 11am.  That means we've got to get there early enough to be counted and put on a team BEFORE 11am.

          Anyone need further clarification of what this means????

          No, I don't need no stinking fake holiday to inspire me to start hollerin'!
          Get there!
          Brigit

          Message 4 of 8 , May 31 3:01 PM
            OK, it's a bet.

            Remember folks, all you have to do is your regular routine of wandering in late, sitting around chatting, and twiddling with your gear, and I get a free beer.

            To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
            CC: karl_nordhoff@...

            Message 5 of 8 , May 31 3:58 PM
              Don't be listening to that evil Bob!  He'll lull you right back into bad habits.  Aim for 10am, be ready to dip those fins (yes, on your feet) in the water no later than 1045am.  C'mon, you can do it!
              Brigit

              To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
              CC: karl_nordhoff@...

              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 1, 2014
                Yes Brigit I may be evil, but I'l give you a sporting chance.  I'll make sure I show up in plenty of time and I'm ready to strike by 11:00.  So that gives you two players already, all you need is six more.

                AND, just to give you another leg up, I'll remind everyone that the beach traffic on 17 may be pretty thick.  Check your favorite map and traffic app.  If so, you can get off at Hamilton or Camden and take Bascom the rest of the way.

                But, for those of you that might still be prone to procrastination, consider this.  Think of all those times you had a certain goal, a chip shot, or just a little push across the lip.  Perhaps you had a sure break away and a clear pool.  And who stopped you from getting that goal?  It was Brigit.  Not just once, but many times.  Remember, I've never gotten in your way at all.  If we start at 11:01, I get a free beer;-)

                To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 15:58:59 -0700

                To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                CC: karl_nordhoff@...

                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 1, 2014
                  Bob, while I appreciate you mentioning the traffic issues that are more than likely to be a real concern (thank you!), your last paragraph doesn't really paint an accurate picture.  I've been messed up by you plenty of times;  you are the quiet and deadly one in the pool, leaving your opponents wondering "what just happened to me...?"  Don't be fooled by Mr. Slealth; no beer to make him look like the good guy!

                  To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                  From: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Sat, 31 May 2014 15:58:59 -0700

                  To: clubpuck@yahoogroups.com