Who made your goals?

  • Renaud
    Message 1 of 15 , May 13, 2014
      Guys:
      Who made the goals used in Los Gatos? They're really nice! Light and sturdy.
      --R

    • Sean Avent
      Message 2 of 15 , May 13, 2014

        You have to ask either John Fischer or maybe Roger Fuller. Maybe Joeysan knows too. They were made around 1998 for the world champs in San Jose. They were cut to fold down with the walls at SJSU, but have since been re~welded ok into one piece.

        Sean

        On May 13, 2014 3:49 PM, "Renaud renaud-clubpuck@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        Guys:
        Who made the goals used in Los Gatos? They're really nice! Light and sturdy.
        --R

      • Gustavo Pesce

            Message 5 of 15 , May 13, 2014
              San Jose state goals are heavy and made out of stainless steel!  The goals currently being used at Los Gatos are aluminium and I had them made by a shop that Steve Kars provided and had them shipped here. Every one can thank Lyndon for his generosity as he foot the bill for them.

                Message 7 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                  I asked the metal works people near my house (who just did some very nice work for us in the house) to produce a quote for goals. The guy said the choice of stainless steel was best and came up with this proposal below. $2,360, 14 gauge (2 mm).

                  Weston wrote to me that he used 16 gauge (1.6 mm) galvanized. His goals are starting to show damage in the back from pucks hits.

                  Gus

                  Furnishing of labor, materials and equipment to do the following:

                  Fabrication only of:

                  1. One Stainless Steel Underwater Hockey Goal using 14 gage – 316 stainless steel approx. 3360mm x 300mm.

                  Finish: 316SS – Mill Finish only.

                  Note: All corners shall be ground smoothly.

                  Total Price ………………………………………………………………………………..… $ 2,360.00

                  Nueva Castilla   Metal Fabrications

                  On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:04 PM, Sean Avent seanavent@... [clubpuck] <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Stainless steel. Dont know what gauge though.

                  On May 13, 2014 4:02 PM, "Gustavo Pesce gpesce@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  What are they made off? Aluminum?

                  On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 3:58 PM, Sean Avent seanavent@... [clubpuck] <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  You have to ask either John Fischer or maybe Roger Fuller. Maybe Joeysan knows too. They were made around 1998 for the world champs in San Jose. They were cut to fold down with the walls at SJSU, but have since been re~welded ok into one piece.

                  Sean

                  On May 13, 2014 3:49 PM, "Renaud renaud-clubpuck@... [clubpuck]" <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

                  Guys:
                  Who made the goals used in Los Gatos? They're really nice! Light and sturdy.
                  --R

                • Brigit Grimm

                    Message 9 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                      Thank you Rhett - Our experience with aluminum has been not very good, but maybe ours are too thin. They bend a lot. Rhett, do you know the ball park pricing for your aluminum goals? Gauge?

                      Message 10 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                        1200 bucks delivers goals to your pool

                        Message 11 of 15 , May 13, 2014

                          Sweet. What was the cost on them?

                          Message 12 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                            Gee, upwards of $2K per goal seems kind of steep to me. The San Jose goals were procured by Joeysan when he worked at Diamond Tool and Sean is correct, they were a separate trough attached to the Sport Court with a back wall attached to the PVC fold-down wall. We put the Sport Court into the pool in 1997 for the Nationals, only one playing area had the walls ready then. I don't remember for sure, but I think we had those goals before 1997 over at Ohlone and cut them for SJSU. I guess they were welded back together after the Sport Court was removed. Before that at Ohlone we had plain steel walls and goals that were painted yellow, very heavy, we only used the walls for tournaments. How about making them out of PVC sheet, attach the back to the trough with SS or brass angle irons? 1.5 inch thick sheet could be cut like a scarf to make the ramps, half inch sheet for the back and bottom of the trough. The plastic shops have glues, and can weld the stuff as well. Would be pretty cheap I think, and a lot easier to handle than metal. Or a good goal could be used to make a mold which could then be used to make any number of new goals out of fiberglass. - Roger

                            Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

                            Message 13 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                              $2300 bucks for SS goals........... do they come with lips?  Geez Louise.

                              These Aluminum goals that Rhett/Lyndon hooked us up with are very nice.  No damage yet, but maybe since Rhett has moved away we don't have anyone man enough to put some pepper on those pucks.

                              Message 14 of 15 , May 13, 2014
                                600 hundred each delivered let me know if want to place an order!

                                Message 15 of 15 , May 14, 2014
                                  Thanks Rhett, I appreciate it.
                                  The powers that be are looking into whether we can afford this.