Re: [clubpuck] Re: Surf Day!

  • Michael S Smith
    Message 1 of 31 , Aug 9 8:42 PM
      We're bring a cucumber tomater salad fresh from the garden. And two in-laws who're bringing a green salad.

      Also  Jennifer will be doing a 9 o'clock swim workout at Fremont high school. Michael and in-laws will be doing a 11 mile bike loop around Stevens Creek reservoir if anyone wants to join.

      SURF DAY

      Sent from my iPhone

      On Aug 9, 2013, at 8:51 AM, Rich Gray <RGray35711@...> wrote:

      Dear all,

           Mrs. Goze (and the Gozettes) will be bringing some food to the park that can be shared by all.  But since this is a hockey event, she does not know if she should bring food for 2 or for 100.  This is what will be there without you having to do squat:

      1 pasta salad
      1 fruit salad
      Some soft drinks (not sure if we can have alcohol or not)
      Chicken to grill
      Burgers to grill

           No, I don't know how much chicken or burgers there will be.......... I can't even get my act together enough to respond to the Doodle (nor can many of you it seems), so it's no use asking me to be more specific.

          Instead, just do what we always do and wing it.  Plug into the hockey telepathic collective and just "feel" if you need to bring some more food.

          If enough of us are around towards dinner time we can have some pizzas over at stately Goze manor...... or not........ it's just going to be that kind of day!!

          I am so psyched!

      Message 31 of 31 , Aug 11 11:51 PM
        Hi all,

        Surf Day - SUP was a blast!  The weather was a little overcast in the morning, but quickly cleared up and became a beautiful day on the water.  There was hardly any wind, so the water looked like glass.

        I appreciate everyone being flexible with the seating arrangements.  Mike S had to work his charm, but he got us a bbq pit and some tables (way to go Mike!).

        Some of us were able to get out on the water several times throughout the day.  There was some amazing wildlife present as we toured the lake (ex: ducks, geese, herons, schools of little fish, even large carps).

        All the food was great!  Thanks for making that happen everyone.  That worked out very well.

        Thank you Grays (& Smiths) for offering to host the After Party, which became an extended stay at the park because the day was so beautiful and the crowd was already thinning.

        Special thanks goes out to Karl for making this available.  He had to convince his manager (who also deserves a big 'thank you') to allow us not only to get FREE stand up paddle boards ALL DAY (it was suppose to be only from 11:00am to 1:00pm), but kayaks & canoes were made available too!

        Hope everyone had as much fun as I did. (Please send to the SF folks)

        See you at the next Surf Day!

        Aloha,
        Miles

        Grays kneeling on boards waiting to push off.
        Inline image 1

        Jen & Mike charging forward.
        Inline image 3

        Brigit ready to hit the water.