Re: [clubpuck] Re: Wednesday wrap

  • Rich Gray
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2013
      Excellent tale Ron!  Hope you keep having as much fun for many years.

      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 7 3:46 PM
        Was I using big words again?  Sorry.

        Let me try to be less condescending...............ahem .... ouch.... fxxk........arrghhhhhhh..........

        Sorry, I can't do it.

        Come to hockey, pay any outstanding balance you have, and hockey at LGHS is just $5.00..... per car...... forever..... or until we run out of money.

        If you owe money then you can continue just as before: adding $10 to your balance each time you play.

        This has got to be the best hockey value since the Arab oil embargo.  It's almost like being paid to play hockey!

        But you have to show up for it to work.

        See you on the bottom.

        Goze goes,

        Goze
      • Rich Gray
        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 11, 2014
          We had a UWH perfect square last night i.e. 6-on-6, boxcars, double six.   It was great!

          The storm had not hit yet but the chlorine was extra high because somebody had found a snickers bar floating in the pool earlier that day.  (Actually, it was some undiscovered mechanical issue but the Cl level was about 2.5X of normal and I just LOVE a Caddy Shack reference.)  We played anyway because hockey players never let a little chemical poisoning stand between us and a scrimmage.  We all came out of the pool a little bleached which had the unanticipated benefit that the INS has stopped trying to deport Duy.

          On one side there was:

          Rhett, David Q, Yori, Zack, Duy, Fred.   We call this the quiet team, because Zack, Duy and Fred were "quiet" while Rhett, Yori and David yelled at them for not living up to their potential as hockey Gods.

          On the other side:

          Goze, Brigit, Ben, Cyrus, Bob, Dave M.  We call this team the "not quiet" team in order to differentiate them from the "quiet" team.

          I was worried that Zack might get tired of Yori's helpful criticism and inadvertently squish him........ but a very interesting thing happened:

                 The "quiet" team got quiet................

          This is my theory: it's like what happens when matter and antimatter get put together, there is a brief flash of light, and then nothing left .........but silence.

          Which is just what happened last night.  Rhett or Yori was matter or anti-matter, you take your pick depending on your favorite Star Trek episode, there was a brief explosion early on in the game....... and then silence.

          Unfortunately for Rhett and Yori this means that they will be put on the same team............ FOR THE REST OF THEIR LIVES!   Maybe they can get matching suits or headgear or somethin.........

          But seriously, it was great high level play, if you missed it your lives are just slightly more pathetic than they were before.  If you want to swim with the big fish......... you have to get in the water!!!

          And that's how Goze goes,