CP Nationals Team - Time to sign up

  • Oren Levy
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 28 8:57 PM
      CP,

      It is time to step up and sign up for the CP Nationals team.  To date we have Lyndon, Brigit, Maddy and yours truly.  You have until next Sunday (5/5) to commit.  CP did not have a team last year at Nationals and LA waltzed to their second title in a row.  They are already planning their victory speech for this year.  If you are OK with that, then by all means crack another beer and put your feet up.  Your other option is to click on the Doodle link below and put your name on it.  The tournament is in Wisconsin on July 12-14.

      Best,

      - Oren
    • Brigit Grimm

        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 29 10:43 AM
          Hey Brigit,

          Alicia just informed me Sunday night that Nationals is on the same weekend as two weddings we've already RSVP'ed to...so unfortunately I won't be able to go at all : (
          -Ben

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 29 10:45 AM
            Awwwww, that sucks for us!!  :(

            Message 5 of 9 , May 2, 2013
              Team,

              Now that you all have your CP suits ordered....let's put them into good use.  We have 6 players signed up for Nationals to date.  You have until end of Sunday (5/5) to click on the doodle link below and sign up.  Otherwise, we will be looking to combine forces with another club.

              Message 6 of 9 , May 2, 2013
                Good think Ben is skipping out on those 2 weddings to play with Club Puck.  He already RSVP'd to both weddings saying he had other plans, so we gotta come up with a team to support him now.

                Now, if I can pull off the same trick with work.  I'll go if I'm not in China that weekend.  How's that for commitment?

                mikey

                Message 7 of 9 , May 3, 2013
                  Just a reminder... I know we've had many World-level players over the years but this is still the fastest pool/puck combination most of you have ever played on. No sore wrists or shoulders from working the puck on a slow bottom, ability to out swim your chaser due to the extremely low resistence, sliders that will blow your mind, and its in Wisconsin!  'Id play with you but I am already on a team. See you there.

                  Doug

                  Sent directly from my brain

                  Message 8 of 9 , May 3, 2013
                    I'll second what Doug says about the surface/puck combo. If you can handle the puck, you can get away expending a lot less energy than you would on a rougher, slower bottom. Unfortunately, I'm all about not expending energy these days, but I too will be playing in the tournament. If the Door County Sturgeons weren't so fired up it would be fun to play with Club Puck one more time.

                    Looking forward to seeing a team full of you at nationals,

                    kendall
                    ps if you're interested in visiting Door County before or after the tournament (it's a 2.5 hr drive to our home), drop us a line