Re: [clubpuck] Sunday Wrap

  • Ben Phipps
    Message 1 of 87 , Apr 7, 2013
      I later found out that Ben's ardour for the sport normally causes tingling in his nether regions, so it was just business as usual.)

      50% from the sport, 50% for having an excuse to wear a speedo.
      Message 87 of 87 , Jun 8
        My list shows that we had 28 players this Sunday.  Pretty good competition, we split red,yellow, orange, green.  A bunch of big guns showed up so the Red/Yellow game was pretty gnarly.

        We did not get started until fairly late............ people kept on dribbling in so the teams were constantly updated.  Thanks to Wendy and Bob for administering this typically UWH cluster-Fxxk.  If you have any criticisms please JUST DO THE JOB YOURSELF (kinda obvious).

        The other downside was that a bunch of families brought their kids and the lifeguard said the kids could not be in the pool.  We can't really blame the lifeguards for this.  There was only one guard scheduled, we also used two playing areas, which may not be Kosher in and of itself.  But besides that it's really about the liability issue.  Our insurance policy only covers UWH players, so families aren't covered.  We are lucky to have the very reasonably priced liability insurance that we have got right now, thanks to Carol Rose and her minions.

        Maddy asked me if we could hire extra guards for the kids.  I don't think that would be a problem.  The problem is the insurance/liability issue.   We can investigate this issue some more, but we have to look at it in the light of the new Menlo Park pool coming on line this summer.  For instance, we don't want to make a Herculean insurance effort for a pool at which we may not end up playing Sunday hockey.

        I will be at hockey this Wednesday, then out of town for a couple of weeks.  So pay up if you can so that I can make a deposit before I go.  Most everybody is paid up, or only owes a little.  The diamond club members are:

        David Q  135
        Rhett     (An embarrassingly large number)
        Yori       110
        Ben       140

        That's how Goze goes,