Fwd: May 4: Children Underwater Hockey Tournament at King

  • Gustavo Pesce
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2013
      Hi Sea Lions, Club Puckers - We will host our 5th annual Children UWH tournament at King pool on May 4. If you have children, have them play. If you like children, come give us a hand! You can come give us a hand even if children are not your passion, just outta your great loving us. We will correspond with more love. If you can be there for a 2h or more slot of time, it will sure help. Thanks in advance!!!

      Gus and the SF Children Coaching Team

      Hi hockey parents – We have obtained permission to use the King pool for our tournament! It will be in May 4, Saturday, all afternoon. So…(drum up)

      The San Francisco Recreation & Park Department and the San Francisco Sea Lions announce the…

      5th Children Underwater Hockey Tournament And Clinic.  Saturday May 4 12:00-7:30 pm at the Martin Luther King pool

      This event is meant for all children Underwater Hockey player of all levels and ages. It will be mostly from our regular practice attendants, but we expect some visitors from out of town.

       We will have a get-together “banquet” celebration afterwards, location to be announced, but probably at the same place as last year (Soo Fong restaurant on 3rd St. and Evans).

      The goal is to give the children exposure to competitive level Underwater Hockey. Before we start the games we will do a short clinic on team play and tournament-level rules. For the competition we will setup in water and deck refereeing, sound system and time-keepers. The teams will be composed of the attending children, separated evenly. We expect approximately 25 players to participate, we will separate them into 4 teams, the format will be 6 against 6. They will play a full all-against-all round robin, then they will play semifinals and finals.

      Children have always loved this event, they engage a lot with the competition level games and they put a great effort in their play. At the party they are very tired and also loudly happy. Please consider adjusting your schedule to be able to participate. All participants need to arrive and leave in time to play all games.

      We will collect money to pay for food and drinks on deck, about $10/player and for pool time (we pay San Francisco for this event), around $15/player. Total $25 for the pool event. Banquet expenses will be split among attendants, it should be around $10/person.

      If you know of parents that are not in this list, please forward them this email and tell them to email me so I can put them in the list for next time. We will also distribute paper flyers at the pool.

      Thanks for trusting your children to us! It is a non-stop thrill to see how much they have been progressing in their underwater skills and how much enthusiasm they put on their play.

      See you all soon at practice, best,

      Gustavo

    • Gustavo Pesce
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 27, 2013
        Hi my friends - Writing to ask you with my nicest voice and most beautiful smile to please volunteer next Saturday to help out in the children tournament at King pool. May 4 11:15 - 8 pm (coach time).

        Everything helps, even a couple hours. You will be rewarded with loads of love and gratefulness. The experience of seeing the kids playing is quite rewarding too. Ideally enter your time slot in this form:

        or just tell me by reply email.

        This is our 5th tournament, and we are all quite moved to have made to this point. Our program is strongest than ever and our first students are now growing big muscles and starting to play in grown up tournaments. The new little ones are very dedicated and they all play together very well. Practices are very (very) well attended, typically we have 20-25 kids. The whole pool of students is ~40. We expect ~28 for the tournament. Help us make this a great event as all others!!

        Also, if anyone has suggestions for medals/awards for all kids, please let me know.

        Cheers,

        Gus

          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2013
            Below are the names I have so far to help with the kids tournament for Saturday. If you told me you would come but your name is not there, excuse my memory and please remind me. Thank you!

            Full time:

            Jason
            Renaud
            Gustavo