Sunday Hockey

  • Rich Gray
    Message 1 of 48 , Mar 2, 2013
      There was a lot of enthusiasm for changing one Sunday a month to start at 10am.  I have not changed anything yet so tomorrow's hockey will be at the normal first Sunday of the month time: 3-6pm at LGHS.   Next month we will try the earlier start time.

      I'll check with the pool admin to confirm this.

      Goze

    • Bob Burres
      Message 48 of 48 , Sep 5, 2015
        I'm trying to channel my inner Duck.

        Wait until you see my rant before Tuesday's practice.  We have an incredible new court, and we're paying a fortune for pool time, and people are still wandering in late and then hanging out on the deck comparing their sticks.  It's time we actually play some hockey.

        Thanks,

        Bob Burres

        On Sep 4, 2015, at 10:25 PM, Doug Roth coachduck@... [clubpuck] <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        I almost feel like I'm there. Nice job Bob!

        Sent directly from my brain

        On Sep 4, 2015, at 3:45 PM, Bob Burres bob_burres@... [clubpuck] <clubpuck@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

        It's going to be a glorious weekend in the south bay and I predict a glorious game of hockey.  The game starts at 11:00 on Sunday.  Yes, I know it's Labor Day weekend.  With an 11:00 game that provides you ample time to go stuff yourself with BBQ and beer for the majority of the day.

        Early hockey always has a fantastic turnout, so get there early and get your name on the roster.  If you wander in late you may find yourself swimming laps.  No, I'm really serious.  We've been having an incredible amount of people at the games lately and we can't keep adding people and rebalancing teams because you can't tell time.  It's time to draw a line in the water and have the late comers wait and get worked in a half time.